(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:35 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Yasu settles with a dip of her head acknowledging the gracious reassurance. It wouldn't be the first time she'd misinterpreted social cues. "Plenty of time for conversation, indeed. I think I've agreed to a meal at your convenience, unless that's a memory from the sake?"

Then her gaze shifts to see Tanabe offering his gift. "I can't help noticing a bit of a pattern in the Otter gifts, all paintings and drawings and the like. Common hobbies on the river?
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:16 am

Having delivered the gift of a bird to the champion the young woman, even if she was somewhat on the older side compared to others among those present now turned and put on a winning smile as she let her eyes wander over the gathered people.

Who was already deep in discussion and who isn't was important after all to make a impact.

And after a moment, she heads for the woman who is unlikely to be captured by her beauty, after all sometimes you want a bit of a challenge and offered the Blind Crane ra bow " Did you have rice today Kakita-san ?" she asks softly, clearly taller then her, even if the movement of the voice showcased that she is changing height as she is talking. during her bow.

Her voice has a certain roughness , clearly someone more used to being vibrant then to only speak in whispers . But not the hoarse voice of someone used to scream out commands and neither someone unused to sweet nothings.

" Would I introduce myself in details, or would your servant do so?"

As she talked the bird on her shoulder was silently watching the other two women.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:33 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:58 am

"Well, they'd better be. Or I'll have to sort 'em out, hm?"

He grinned.
"Anoo... please don't." She said with a smile. "What about yourself have you any goals for whom you wish to marry?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:33 am
"Anoo... please don't." She said with a smile. "What about yourself have you any goals for whom you wish to marry?"
"Not as such... I hadn't really thought about it up to now. And frankly, I'm pretty bad at meeting new people when I'm not feeling pressured."

A pause.

"And not at all sure what I have to offer, either."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:02 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 am

"Not as such... I hadn't really thought about it up to now. And frankly, I'm pretty bad at meeting new people when I'm not feeling pressured."

A pause.

"And not at all sure what I have to offer, either."
Oubahime tilted her head puzzled. "But you have plenty to offer Shiba san... Your men look up to you." She smiled. "Think of it as a challenge... a duel perhaps... you don't need to speak just need to analyze. Just watch people interact and learn from interactions."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:04 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:02 am
Oubahime tilted her head puzzled. "But you have plenty to offer Shiba san... Your men look up to you." She smiled. "Think of it as a challenge... a duel perhaps... you don't need to speak just need to analyze. Just watch people interact and learn from interactions."
"Oh, Kaito-san, I never duel if I can help it, that's too much like a fair fight... and far as it goes, it seems people expect you to speak at these things."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 am
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:01 pm
With her gift giving done, the little Otter returned to the observation area.
And Tanabe was there dutifully by the side of his charge. A large imposing shadow, or he might have been if not for his continually amused look at everything happening around him or maybe at life itself or something in his head. The source was uncertain but he definitely seemed amused by something.
"Did I do ok?" She asked her friend quietly, looking around to see how others were doing.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 am
"Seppun-sama, pleasure to see you again this morning. Have you enjoyed the harvest of the Deer this morning?" A bow as appropriate to someone much higher in station, while Akihiro kept his eyes on the Seppun's face to see if he was received positively.
"Good morning, Kakita-san." The boy replies, a bit flabbergasted due Reijin's skillful kendama demonstration. "The Deer have been kind, hai." After a proper bow, he asks, "How has been this morning so far to the Crane?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
[...]
Narumi shook her head several times when the Kuni suggested she make herself scarce, "I would ask you to stay, Kuni-san, and let us enjoy this time together. This is a time of new beginnings, let it be shared."

She smiles to Murato. "I think a second, somewhat less.. loud setting would do just fine for a follow up, should Kitsu-san find he might enjoy such."
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am
[...]
Ahha, and here Narumi felt her conversation yesterday with the Kuni return to the fore, and she drummed her fingerpads on her painted lips in deep thought.
"O hai, Kakita Akihiro-san? I met him for tea yesterday, with the company of a Deer... Shika Nesshin-san? Kakita-san seemed... sullen, beholden to his past and not about to look to his future... It's said what binds two samurai together is a red ribbon," she offers.

She puts together the observation Yasu has made about the Otters gifts, and barely stifles a laugh. "Oh you're right, aren't you? That's sort of funny, I suppose so! We don't care much for the way of the material- every item we add to our riverboats weighs them down, afterall, and affects the boats ability to smoothly travel at efficiency."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:01 pm
[...]
Kitsu Murato wrote:
[...]
[/quote]

"Hmm, sounds a bit unpleasant. Hard to get to know people like that. Simple symbolic gift then, I guess. " She glances back toward the dias a moment. "With that mask too. Bit of an uphill climb for him here, isn't it?"

At the mention of material items weighing their boats down, Yasu's lips twitch. "Susaki Tanabe-san must need to keep his belongings quite minimal, as I imagine he weighs the boat down plenty on his own. Mistook him for a Hida upon first seeing him."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description