(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 pm
"Oh, I find it doubtful that he'd be too busy for you Usogawa-san. I hear he likes pleasant conversation and from what I've experienced you are quite skilled in the art," he reassures her.

He smirks at Yasu's comment about needing to meet more, before responding about the Otter. "It makes sense for a young clan that is trying to grow to try and find matches they might bring into their own clan at a miai. A smart move as this can be a chance to identify capable samurai and bring them in where standard negotiations with larger clans might be unfavorable due to political pressure. A very strong move on their part."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Yasu looks thoughtful as Murato notes that, for Minor Clans, this miai offers a better chance of retaining their members and bringing more into the clan. She nods slowly. "Usogawa-san is a woman of many talents, and well worth the conversation, should you have a chance to draw her into one, Kitsu-san." Her teasing smile freezes for a moment as she looks between the pair of them, eyes widening a bit.

"Ah, in fact, I'm happy to seek out some of those others if I was interrupting such a conversation...that you two should have...definitely." There's a definite quality of mild embarrassment to her words, though the heavy face paint conceals any shameful blush. Still there were reasons Kuni were seldom seen in court.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm
Not yet able to dress in to his sanctified outfit –– due an incident in this very hall the other day –– does make Yuzu's morning quite stressful. Fortunately, his wise mother packed him traveling pack with a ceremonial outfit. He gets in the courtroom a tad after than what is customary for one of his position, but soon takes haste in presenting the host with a humble gift. After protocol is serviced, he starts to walk around, doing what he came here to do, see and meet.

--
PM if you approach
Akihiro, having finished his gift giving, strolled around looking at the various groups from behind his half mask. The play of people across the floor was always the best part of such events. At least in his opinion, it was like a dance of swords except the words were used as blades. Sometimes the words ended in blades though which is where he came in...

Oh and there was the Seppun.

"Seppun-sama, pleasure to see you again this morning. Have you enjoyed the harvest of the Deer this morning?" A bow as appropriate to someone much higher in station, while Akihiro kept his eyes on the Seppun's face to see if he was received positively.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:41 pm

"No sama here, Kaito-san. Anyone who patches my men up as well as you did doesn't need to stand on formality. And far as it goes... Inari has been most kind, and my morning has been... a bit stressful."
The Kaito nodded. "Hai Shiba san... it was duty." She gave a short bow. "I am glad to have been of service... I know that places like these may bring some uncomfortable feelings but know that it is part of the life of a samurai, these events." She smiled.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:26 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 am
The Kaito nodded. "Hai Shiba san... it was duty." She gave a short bow. "I am glad to have been of service... I know that places like these may bring some uncomfortable feelings but know that it is part of the life of a samurai, these events." She smiled.
"Yes, and seeing you here, I must write poor Ueno and break his heart with the news that you'll wed another."

He grinned.

Ueno had been a terrible patient, always trying to remove the dressings on his wounds, getting up when he wasn't supposed to...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:41 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:26 am

"Yes, and seeing you here, I must write poor Ueno and break his heart with the news that you'll wed another."

He grinned.

Ueno had been a terrible patient, always trying to remove the dressings on his wounds, getting up when he wasn't supposed to...
"Oh please don't break the poor man's heart. Even if I had to wrestle him to keep him from running off to battle." She chuckled lightly. "I don't know what the future holds for me in the blessings of Musabi but I hope that it is someone nice."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:58 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:41 am
"Oh please don't break the poor man's heart. Even if I had to wrestle him to keep him from running off to battle." She chuckled lightly. "I don't know what the future holds for me in the blessings of Musabi but I hope that it is someone nice."
"Well, they'd better be. Or I'll have to sort 'em out, hm?"

He grinned.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:35 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
"Not at all Kuni-san. You definitely add another pleasant perspective to the conversation, and we are in a place with many people. I'm sure that Usogawa-san and I can find another place and time for a more private conversation if she wishes it. I wouldn't wish to demand such of her, but I would be hopeful that she would be open to it," he says with an honest and pleasant smile.

"And another such conversation with you as well, if the opportunity can be made," he offers. "We are here to meet many people, I see no reason why we can't meet many people at once occasionally."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:01 pm
With her gift giving done, the little Otter returned to the observation area.
And Tanabe was there dutifully by the side of his charge. A large imposing shadow, or he might have been if not for his continually amused look at everything happening around him or maybe at life itself or something in his head. The source was uncertain but he definitely seemed amused by something.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:16 am

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:38 pm
Now he knew that he was being put on, but they were both flattering each other.

"I think that you undervalue yourself if you consider yourself a prize. A prize is won, is property." Yoshi chuckles. "I get a feeling that you are not one to be owned. Perhaps your hand in marriage, or your affections are your prizes, but you, the whole of you is something greater I suspect." Yoshi discreetly retrieves his kiseru, lightly touching it against the side of Koi's fan.

"But to answer your question, yes. To all of the above. I enjoy sake, I enjoy a game, and I would deeply enjoying spending time with you in a place more..." He casts his eyes around the room. "Private"
Koi enjoyed this game that she had created with the Kasuga with no rules, or at least spoken. She wondered how the Tortoise was taking it, was it reeling in his head? Was he finding himself balancing delicately between to much, or too little?

Koi studied the Kasuga, and for a moment felt blush appear at her throat and cheek when he spoke, though the rise of the eyebrow was one his rewards when he touched Koi's fan with the kiseru. "Good answer, Kasuga-san. Though, for a moment just then I thought I was in the presence of a Hare not a tortoise with how swift you are too..." She leant forward, and raised her fan to whisper. "Woo me."

Straightening up Koi, smiled at him with a teasing raise of her left brow making her eyes just sparkle with happiness. "I can be many Kasuga-san, I can be a wife, a friend, an ally, an enemy, a gift, a tool, an alibi but most of all I can anything I wish because Kami curse anyone that would dictate to me who I am meant to be." She said calmly, her cadence bubbling with confidence and more over a deep sense of pleasure speaking with the Kasuga.

She sharply flicked her fan, this time tapping the kiseru as if they were trading blows and she lent closer, practically beside his ear and whispered. "Be prepared Yoshi-san, I am not so simple to be won by simple flattery and a dance to the bedroom. I love dancing,," She said looking up at him, her vitiligo eye piercing and playful like a little Baku spirit. "Perhaps, you should consider what you would receive if I dedicated my life to working alongside you."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile