(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 am
Minae smiled.

"Not a bad thing in and of itself. A lord should wish for vassals who swiftly attend to their duties after all." she offered in return, enjoying the little game of wordplay before the actual play.
He nods, but then raises a finger. "Desire is a sin, mother wouldn't allow me to let go past. A lord must work the qualities needed in their followers."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 am

He nods, but then raises a finger. "Desire is a sin, mother wouldn't allow me to let go past. A lord must work the qualities needed in their followers."
Minae fanned herself slightly.

"Your mother is wise. I'm sure she also impressed upon you that Fear and Regret ar also sins. If one devotes their life to avoiding Desire, are they not showing Fear? Will they not Regret what might have been had they not been so strident?" she suggests.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:00 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 am

"Your mother is wise. I'm sure she also impressed upon you that Fear and Regret ar also sins. If one devotes their life to avoiding Desire, are they not showing Fear? Will they not Regret what might have been had they not been so strident?" she suggests.
"Indeed she is. She was Hantei once." He nods and taps his chin, recalling the teaching of his sensei, "Avoidance of sins such as desire are akin to avoiding a blade of an enemy. One shouldn't fear them, but respect they're there, and the damage they can cause. As for regret, it should be simply treated as a lesson learned. What is done is done: find enlightenment and move on."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 am
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:04 pm
Ishioka sighs a little - not loudly, but the Kuni is close enough to see his shoulders move and faintly hear the exhale.

"Maybe I show no signs now. It is easier not to talk about it, and not to think about it when that's possible. But she was my parents' favorite, so every time they now check up on me..." He closes his eyes and his mouth forms a flat grimace. He's quiet for a time.

"Oh, you asked how it happened." He opens his eyes and there's a flicker of an angry fire in them. "Duel with a dishonorable Dragon," he says simply, then sighs again.
"A dishonorable duel? And who oversaw that?" About to say more, Yasu stops, glancing at the growing crowd. "Nevermind, we'll talk of it later, someplace quieter. Yes?"

Concern in her eyes she adds. "Grief does shift with time and we go on. I want to hear more of her when we talk, if that's ok?"

"For now though...How have you been otherwise? Are you going back to Kyuden Hida once married, or are you hoping for other ties?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:35 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:00 am
Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 am

"Indeed she is. She was Hantei once." He nods and taps his chin, recalling the teaching of his sensei, "Avoidance of sins such as desire are akin to avoiding a blade of an enemy. One shouldn't fear them, but respect they're there, and the damage they can cause. As for regret, it should be simply treated as a lesson learned. What is done is done: find enlightenment and move on."
Minae nodded, paying careful attention to the Seppun.

"Wise words inseed, Seppun-sama" she said agreeably. "Although my cousin would disagree with such a way of thinking. On his first day of lessons with his sensei, the very first think his sensei did was punch him hard in the mouth. As my cousin lay reeling from the shock of the unexpected blow, his sensei told him, ''That is your first lesson. Everything we teach is built upon this."

She laughed softly.

"He was bruised often throughout his years of training, but he grew stronger with each bruise, and he never forgot his first lesson."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:35 am
-snip-
He listens attentively and remains silent as he digests the information. Then, Yuzu nods, with a serious expression, "Thank you for sharing. I'll try to find the wisdom behind that punchline."
DescriptionTheme

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:41 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:39 am
"Fair is fair," she echoed politely, keeping her eyes off to the side for the moment before she returns to meet his gaze lightly. "And what praytell are the qualities Shiba-san would have me look for, so I might direct like-minded samurai to his favour?" Who would you like to end up with? was always a telling question, and Narumi was a curious sort.
"Well, that is the question, isn't it? And not one I've given much thought prior to now, to my shame be it. So... perhaps a young woman of saintly patience, low aesthetic requirements of her spouse, and a thick skin?"

He seemed to be only... half-joking.

"I believe the Phoenix are intent on my remaining within the Clan, and I doubt I have much to offer anyone looking for... let us call it political gain in their match. And yourself? Anyone to whom you wish your praises sung?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:41 am
[...]
She found his self depreciating nature decidedly refreshing, and much like her own inner dialogue.
"I shall see what I can drum up, in accordance to Shiba-san's tall order. As for me? Oh you know. An honourable samurai would make this one a happy wife," she answers simply with another shrug.
"But you've already sussed out the most important asset: a traveller at heart. Someone who sets his eyes on the horizon and doesn't look back."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 am
"I shall see what I can drum up, in accordance to Shiba-san's tall order. As for me? Oh you know. An honourable samurai would make this one a happy wife," she answers simply with another shrug.
"But you've already sussed out the most important asset: a traveller at heart. Someone who sets his eyes on the horizon and doesn't look back."
"I'll have to see what I can do... and of course, one should keep the other apprised of developments, hm?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:15 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 am

"A dishonorable duel? And who oversaw that?" About to say more, Yasu stops, glancing at the growing crowd. "Nevermind, we'll talk of it later, someplace quieter. Yes?"

Concern in her eyes she adds. "Grief does shift with time and we go on. I want to hear more of her when we talk, if that's ok?"

"For now though...How have you been otherwise? Are you going back to Kyuden Hida once married, or are you hoping for other ties?"
Ishioka nods to Yasu's questions, fully preferring later and a different location. To the lighter questions, he begins to respond slowly.

"I am mostly well and... Trying to look forward to what comes after this. I have no particular expectations. I am... trying to organize my thoughts about what seems desirable in a match. I spoke to a samurai-ko yesterday who suggested sharing that with the nakodo could help ensure the most successful match." Ishioka shrugs like he doesn't know if he believes that, but his tone of voice is genuine that he is organizing his thoughts.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description