[Day 0, Early Morning] What's This? (Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Aimi

Re: [Day 0, Early Morning] What's This? (Open)

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:54 pm

"That is certainly one possible reason, Shiba-sama," Aimi says with a brief smile and a polite bow, "though I suspect it has more to do with the nature of my gifts than any great proficiency therein. I am a shugenja, and apparently such a thing is enough to outweigh all the, ah, other issues of note in the eyes of those who arrange the Miai."

She shakes her head ruefully. "And what of yourself? A bushi of the Phoenix, clearly, but one scarcely merits invitation to such an affair as this without some good qualities to their name."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:10 pm

"I'm not rightly sure, to be honest. It's not as if the armies of the Phoenix are our chief claim to fame, and I'm no hero."

He shrugged, glanced uncomfortably from the ronin the Lion and back again.

"I think it's more to do with my family line's lack of heirs than anything in particular about me."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:35 pm

Aimi clicks her tongue in disapproval.

"Ma, Shiba-sama, there is a line between humility and self-abasement," she says, looking at the Phoenix, "Nobody is sent to Kyuden Shika because they're a bad match. Maybe the Fortunes are kind, maybe they are cruel, but you defeat yourself if you walk through those gates thinking you have no worth."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 pm

"All I can say is that I am completely mystified to have been invited."

A pause.

"I mean, I didn't even know there was a Deer Clan until I got my travel papers, so there's that."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 pm
"... exchange. Good to meet you, Aimi. I'm Shiba Raizo, and the charming gent with the literary bent is Kitsu Moshu, Moshumaru if you're talking to him where his superiors can hear you."
The Kitsu nodded at the introduction - it was a good manner of surmising the naming convention that surrounded him.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 pm
"I mean, I didn't even know there was a Deer Clan until I got my travel papers, so there's that."
"Speaking truthfully, neither did I until a scant few months ago, where I was sent to write on behalf of one Shika Hoboku-san. An Imperial Legionnaire who died protecting Imperial interests on the mainland."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm

A short, thin woman clad in dusty dragon robes is nearby, poking through the many mushrooms growing in the forest, her deft fingers occasionally snatching one and other times pressing down on the dirt. She hums a song she learned from Lion heimin a few years ago, ears perking up as she hears samurai speaking.

Knowing that she is dusty and barely awake from her resting spot (yes, she slept in the forest yesterday, what of it? She likes the crisp morning air and the sounds of night as she falls asleep. It certainly has nothing to do with her terrible handling of money. And most assuredly isn't related to how quickly she left the last town.), Inoshishi settles against a tree, listening and quietly humming. She's making no attempt to conceal herself, but also doesn't wish to be rude and interrupt the flow of the conversation.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:35 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm
She hums a song she learned from Lion heimin a few years ago...
Wait a moment... that tune! It was an old military tune which had become more a worker's tune some 200 years ago - that probably meant there was another Lion around. But why communicate via whistle, if they knew their presence?

Slowly, Moshu began to whistle the other half of the tune, using it almost as a bat's echo to try and locate the other whistler.

Unfortunately for him, he was focused on looking for grounded visitors, rather than Aborebone ones.
PM if thread desired

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:26 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:35 pm
Slowly, Moshu began to whistle the other half of the tune, using it almost as a bat's echo to try and locate the other whistler.
Hearing the whistling, Inoshishi shifts to whistling as well. She sticks her head out of the bushes she'd been rooting around in, smiling but dirty.

"Hello! Have you eaten rice? I have. Well, I haven't, but I've eaten mushrooms, and honestly, who doesn't love some mushrooms. I have more, if you want them. Do you like mushrooms? I mean, of course you do, you're whistling the song that I learned from Ishi in the Lion lands, and he taught me about it while we were foraging for mushrooms. So you must like mushrooms! Inoshishi! That's me, not a mushroom."

Clearly, she doesn't talk to people often enough, as the words tumble from her lips like a waterfall.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:34 am

Aha, something new has been added.

"Hello... Dragon-san. I'm Shiba Raizo. The musically-inclined fellow is Kitsu Moshumaru, and the charming lady is one Aimi."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am

The bushes! Turning to them, he spots a young Dr-
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:26 am
"Hello! Have you eaten rice? I have.
"I uh - no, I-"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Well, I haven't, but I've eaten mushrooms, and honestly, who doesn't love some mushrooms.
"Then why di-"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
I have more, if you want them. Do you like mushrooms?
"Have you checked if th-"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
I mean, of course you do, you're whistling the song that I learned from Ishi in the Lion lands
"Who is I-"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
and he taught me about it while we were foraging for mushrooms. So you must like mushrooms!
"That's an old marching song, no-"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Inoshishi! That's me, not a mushroom.
"Why are you a Mush-" He paused to reflect on her sentence structure, successfully deducing she was not a mushroom.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:34 am
Aha, something new has been added.

"Hello... Dragon-san. I'm Shiba Raizo. The musically-inclined fellow is Kitsu Moshumaru, and the charming lady is one Aimi."
As the flow of conversation returned to normal, Moshumaru appeared to calm - once he was out of the waterfall's tide.

As if nothing had happened, he ran a hand through his hair and returned to his normal demeanour.

"Indeed, Shiba-san speaks true. I believe you said your name was... Inoshishi-san, was it?"
PM if thread desired