[D2, EE: Stables] It's Your Fault, You Know. (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D2, EE: Stables] It's Your Fault, You Know. (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:26 pm
She laughs amused. "Well , he is trying to play matchmaker, and currently argues that you do not snore, and wants to get to know my horse.
But it is good to see you two being close to one another. That is a better sign of being a good person then fancy poems about duty "
<"Yes move him over into my box , ...and give me my apple with suggar!> her horse interjects
Hikimasu looked from Yudaina (who showed his teeth) then over to the Utaku's steed.

"Lecher."

Yudaina laughed a horsey laugh. <At least I'm trying!>

"Calm down, calm down, we're in this togther", he grumbled. Then he looked over his shoulder at Kheree. "I'd apologize for him, but you seem to be enjoying yourself", he said, a bit at his own expense. "Thank you for your kind words, he is...", he patted the horse, ruffing up his mane a bit. "A good friend, as I said. And smart enough to keep himself out of trouble."

<Well I couldn't exactly hide when those blue men shot you off me, running was the only option! Can you imagine if they'd tried to steal me! Horsenapping is quite serious.>

Hikimasu laughed a little, perhaps not understanding what was being communicated by word, but he did seem grateful to the big oaf. Yudaina seemed barely into his full maturity, a young horse enjoying their full power and certainly acted like they were king of the situation.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:18 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:26 pm
She laughs amused. "Well , he is trying to play matchmaker, and currently argues that you do not snore, and wants to get to know my horse.
But it is good to see you two being close to one another. That is a better sign of being a good person then fancy poems about duty "
<"Yes move him over into my box , ...and give me my apple with suggar!> her horse interjects
Hikimasu looked from Yudaina (who showed his teeth) then over to the Utaku's steed.

"Lecher."

Yudaina laughed a horsey laugh. <At least I'm trying!>

"Calm down, calm down, we're in this togther", he grumbled. Then he looked over his shoulder at Kheree. "I'd apologize for him, but you seem to be enjoying yourself", he said, a bit at his own expense. "Thank you for your kind words, he is...", he patted the horse, ruffing up his mane a bit. "A good friend, as I said. And smart enough to keep himself out of trouble."

<Well I couldn't exactly hide when those blue men shot you off me, running was the only option! Can you imagine if they'd tried to steal me! Horsenapping is quite serious.>

Hikimasu laughed a little, perhaps not understanding what was being communicated by word, but he did seem grateful to the big oaf. Yudaina seemed barely into his full maturity, a young horse enjoying their full power and certainly acted like they were king of the situation.
"So what is the war story with those crane bushi that pelted you with arrows? " she says as she gets out two apples glaced with suggar and offers one to each horse
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:21 pm

<Good job, girl! He hates telling this story> Yudaina stated between crunching bits of apple.

Hikimasu sighed. "He's talking nonsense, nothing happened. Just a border skirmish with Daidoji, happens all the time."

<That's what he says, but he did a good thing, for once. I don't know why he doesn't brag more.>
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:39 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:21 pm
<Good job, girl! He hates telling this story> Yudaina stated between crunching bits of apple.

Hikimasu sighed. "He's talking nonsense, nothing happened. Just a border skirmish with Daidoji, happens all the time."

<That's what he says, but he did a good thing, for once. I don't know why he doesn't brag more.>
"Ah, but he wants you to brag, because a smart owner has a smart horse, and the more important you are , the more important he is ."
[Agenda roll courtesy +danngerous and fire
d2 EE agenda | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:51 pm

He sighed again. "I was far south, along the Crane border. We'd had word of Crane skulking around the area and it was possible they were doing more than just probing as they are wont to do at times, the same with us." He finished brushing Yudaina. "My unit was riding through a pass to scout the unaligned lands when we were ambushed by Daidoji. We lost several riders in the volley but our Taisa survived and rallied us, we used every maneuver we knew, and eventually things looked good, but I had not fought well, only managing to keep skirmishers from our flank at best. Then...", he grumbled. "I took an arrow, right through the armor as I pulled my spear back, the pain shot right through me when i tried to lunge forward and i fell off Yudaina."

He gave it a moment, and he looked at her, meeting her eyes with his blank stare.

"I don't remember how long I laid there, but when I could stand I saw my Taisa surrounded by them, without really thinking I ran between them...shrieking, screaming bloody oaths, I don't recall what I said, neither did she, though I think she lies about it...", he fiddled with his fingers. "I killed one who got too close, probably the best strike of my life, I saw the life leave his eyes before he fell back. It gave them pause, but it was all we needed. A Shosuro scouting group arrived, counter ambushing and the Crane had to retreat." He scratched the back of his head. "I don't like to think about it much, I didn't feel very in control, or heroic."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:51 pm
He sighed again. "I was far south, along the Crane border. We'd had word of Crane skulking around the area and it was possible they were doing more than just probing as they are wont to do at times, the same with us." He finished brushing Yudaina. "My unit was riding through a pass to scout the unaligned lands when we were ambushed by Daidoji. We lost several riders in the volley but our Taisa survived and rallied us, we used every maneuver we knew, and eventually things looked good, but I had not fought well, only managing to keep skirmishers from our flank at best. Then...", he grumbled. "I took an arrow, right through the armor as I pulled my spear back, the pain shot right through me when i tried to lunge forward and i fell off Yudaina."

He gave it a moment, and he looked at her, meeting her eyes with his blank stare.

"I don't remember how long I laid there, but when I could stand I saw my Taisa surrounded by them, without really thinking I ran between them...shrieking, screaming bloody oaths, I don't recall what I said, neither did she, though I think she lies about it...", he fiddled with his fingers. "I killed one who got too close, probably the best strike of my life, I saw the life leave his eyes before he fell back. It gave them pause, but it was all we needed. A Shosuro scouting group arrived, counter ambushing and the Crane had to retreat." He scratched the back of his head. "I don't like to think about it much, I didn't feel very in control, or heroic."
"Some of our more experienced bushi talked about how being in war can be as intoxicating as alcohol, and that there is a difference between not having fear, and conquering their own fear. ANd it was not a wrong action, as you could have laid down and pretended to be dying where you a coward. " she says softly.
"I shall not pry further , but I do not think what you did was shamefull."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:40 pm

He nodded. "The words are appropriated", Hikimasu said with a dull edge. Not utterly ungrateful, but it was clear he really didn't enjoy talking about it. "Any experience on your side?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:40 pm
He nodded. "The words are appropriated", Hikimasu said with a dull edge. Not utterly ungrateful, but it was clear he really didn't enjoy talking about it. "Any experience on your side?"
"Trading some sword strikes with bandits before the decided to find other targets in the mountains, and sending arrows at some animals hunting for horses. But I did not yet take a life. "

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:50 pm
"Trading some sword strikes with bandits before the decided to find other targets in the mountains, and sending arrows at some animals hunting for horses. But I did not yet take a life. "
"Duty, your comrades, your own life...eventually a bushi finds a demand that forces it", he says. "If they stay in that life long enough. Too many just out of their gemppuku hunger for glory. I'm not even that much older than them, honestly."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:50 pm
"Duty, your comrades, your own life...eventually a bushi finds a demand that forces it", he says. "If they stay in that life long enough. Too many just out of their gemppuku hunger for glory. I'm not even that much older than them, honestly."
"War is not the only way in which I might gain glory, so this hunger is lessened in me compared to others " she says with a nod at him." And Shosuro-kun, your way with your partner here shows that you are a good man who should still be proud of themself." she says with a soft smile.