[Day 7: MM: Event] I will do anything for Love

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kaikoga Koi

[Day 7: MM: Event] I will do anything for Love

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 am

Koi came onto the stage calmly wearing the cleaned and repaired kimono painted beautifully than she has since the beginning of the event, each brush stroke on her face and powder carefully selected to compliment the Kasuga in each way a performer can.

Koi has done this all her life, she was a performer an entertainer and so she was confident in her skill to be able to draw attention to herself and her chosen partner. Still, she did not know how he would flow with her and if he had the skills necessary.

With fluid grace of water, her eyes filled with the smoky heat she reacted her marker on the stage. Her form calm, her breathing controlled as she looked out over each of the people in the crowd as she began to sing.

With no immediate instruments playing the Moth began to sing a cappella her own voice carrying the melody softly, and enchantedly.
And I would do anything for love,
I'd fight right into Jigoku and back
I would do anything for love,
I'll never lie to you and that's a fact..

But I'll never forget the way you look right now,
Oh no, no way.
And I would do anything for love,
But I won't do that
No I won't do that...
D7 MM: Event Love Songs. First Approach. Water/Performance. Distinction. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

1Opportunity symbol used to show off.
+1 Momentum gained.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Re: [Day 7: MM: Event] I will do anything for Love

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:49 am

Yoshi is in nice but plainer clothing is meant to be the star, but chimes in, letting out a throaty hum at her words as she begins, acting as the harmony for her melody leaning into his experience with sea shanties. Finally, it's his turn to respond, singing the refrain in a lower octave.
Anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love,
I would do anything for love
But I won't do that
No I won't do that
Event-I Will Do Anything For Love-Air/Performance-TN 2-VP for Seize the Moment | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image Image

[1 Momentum, 2 Opportunity to show off. Honor bet passed]
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Koi turned her body towards the Kasuga, her feline smile painted across her face grew wider with appreciation at how he adjusted to her melody.

Good boy. She thought, and felt her lungs fill as she took over the stage allowing the full capacity of her lung to fill fluidly adjusting the tone of her voice to synchronise and compliment Yoshi's. Let's see if you can keep up with this.

She turned back to the audience and sung like the world didnt matter in the moment, ignoring her pain, ignoring her hangover, ignoring it all for a few minutes whenever she was on stage performing - life stopped mattering and she simply got to entertain.
And some days, it don't come easy
And some days it don't come hard
Some days it don't come at all
And these are the days that never end
And some nights you're breathing fire
And some nights you're carved in ice
Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before
Or will again..

And maybe I'm crazy
Oh it's crazy and it's true
I know you can save me
No one else can save me now but you
As long as the Wheels are turning
As long as the stars are burning
As long as your dreams are coming true
You better believe it..

That I would do anything for love
I'll be there till the final act
And I would do anything for love!
And I'll take the vow and seal a pact
But I'll never forgive myself if we don't go all the way
Tonight
And I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
But I won't do that
No I wont do that//
Koi powered into the song, her words rich and flowing pulling into richer notes but as adaptive as the river snapped to the next note without an issue as her lungs pounded for air but the Koi kept going before winking at Yoshi indicating to be prepared as she pulled back.

D7: MM: Event. Performance/Water. Distinction. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
+2 Momentum.
Total Momentum: 4
Total Opportunity symbol used to show off: 3
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm

Things seem to be going well, but Kois is just too mesmerizing, and he is caught off guard. When it is his turn to sing, his voice breaks.
Anything you've been dreaming of
But I just won't do that
But I just won't do that
But I just won't do that

Event-I Will Do Anything For Love-Air/Performance-TN 2-Round 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image (2 Opportunity to show off)
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Koi tried to remain composed at the sudden drop of the key from her partner, and blushed as it appeared that he was distracted by Koi a little as she sun get melody.

Big finale now. Koi thought, taking a deep breath in so that the bandages on her side screamed at her for mercy and she rose her head allowing any melody that came from her to be clear, powerful and magical as she sung. Her melody supported the Kasuga's lifting up on off key and blasting them away in a faltered moment, and held onto the picture that they worked together in this melody.

Her voice clearly the dominate, clearly pushing above and beyond but never wiping the Kasuga from the song, never forgetting to allow his voice to bleed in and catch on. Never for a moment not allowing the audience to know that he was involved in this song flowing and shifting with him until the final verse which she belted out powerfully, her arm thrown out and head back as she sung reaching the final note holding it...

Holding it....

Holding it...

And slowed down till it mingled and lingered before ending.

Koi took a moment, heart hammering, chest heaving as she looked at Yoshi with fire in her eyes that could make men very uncomfortable around other people for several miles but that was just for him before she turned back to the audience and bowing low.
And somedays I pray for silence
And somedays I pray for soul
Somedays I just pray to the Fortune of Love and Drums and Soshimi rolls!

And some nights I lose the feeling
And some nights I lose control
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls!

And maybe I'm lonely
That's all I'm qualified to be
There's just one and only
The one and only promise I can keep
As long as the wheels are turning
As long as the fires burning
As long as your prayers are coming true
You better believe it!

That I would do anything for love
And you know it's true and that's a fact
And there'll never be no turning back
But I'll never do it better then I do it with you!

So long...
So long...

But I won't do that
No, no, no I won't do...
But I just wont do that..
D7 MM: Event. Performing some meatloaf. Water/Performance. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
1Opportunity symbol to show off.
+2 Momentum gained.

Total Momentum gained: 6
Total Opportunities to show off: 5

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Yoshi can see who the more talented one is. He keep a low acapella sound to act as Koi's backup as she takes the lead for the final stretch. He leans in close to sell the performance, with an enjoyment at being so close to Koi that is not at all feigned. He then looks to Koi when she is done and offers a nod before guiding them to bow in departure.

______

Event-I Will Do Anything For Love-Air/Performance-TN 2-Round 3 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image

Total Momentum::
Rounds Required: 3
Opportunity to Show off: 7
Bonus Successes: 2
Opportunity From a Single Player: 6
Highest number of bonus successes for a single pc: 2