Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Utaku Kheree

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:55 am

Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:43 am
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:14 am
If I would ask my corvid friend to search for something, like a rock formation or to open a latch on a window, I assume I would roll water+survival, but what would they then roll to suceed?
2 unless it's something hard, then 3. Typically.
So you would roll with a pool _for_ the bird ?
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:56 am

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:55 am
Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:43 am
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:14 am
If I would ask my corvid friend to search for something, like a rock formation or to open a latch on a window, I assume I would roll water+survival, but what would they then roll to suceed?
2 unless it's something hard, then 3. Typically.
So you would roll with a pool _for_ the bird ?
Birb is doing the work so birb makes the roll yeah.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 am

From https://craneclan.weebly.com/trade-earth.html
(Opp) (Opp) Suddenly recall an important piece of information not directly related to the task. At the GM’s discretion, you may establish a small preparatory action you took earlier, such as bringing along a common useful item.
Since I have ample Earth opportunities to spare, how do options like this one work? Pure fluff?
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:33 am

1) A proud lineage of focus: Choose 1 skill. Roll Earth/Chosen Skill 4 times. TN 1, 2, 3, 4. This is to show your family's mastery of a particular skill, be it great swordsman or adept artist.
Does Kuge Lineage apply here?

Edit: second question - if I failed any of the above rolls, could Anxiety proc here? ' You are constantly worried about failing those to whom you have a commitment, such as family, friends, allies, a mentor, or a master'
Last edited by Usogawa Emiko on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:45 am

Can you do a thread to willingly trigger an Anxiety to restore some Void? In the same way you can do a Passion thread, and with the same restrictions (cannot do event/agenda/passion in same thread).
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:51 am

In the Day 2 miai event, if we choose option 1 do we need to roll in the order of 1, 2, 3, 4 or can it be in any order?

Alternately, if using the Well of Desire shuji, can we choose which roll to use it on? I believe it can only be used once.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:50 am

Something that came up on discord and which might be important for others in regards to when one can apply anexties .
Based on the topic of the D2 event where gajin name as written would normally not apply, but can be argued for , and so arguing for "hey GM can I hurt myself here because of [Disadvantage] seems to work if one wants to use that for strive/void regain.

Scia — Today at 09:45
considering that [Disadvantage is Y instead of Z ] am not hindered by it here right?
but gajin name might do so considering what ancestors I am talking about
Railun — Today at 09:49
[Y] probably won't trigger. Gaijin name can. But on the upside if you fail because of a gaijin name reroll, you get a void point back :slight_smile:"
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:25 pm

I have some questions relating to the Day 2 event, which I have stuck in a thread in my private forum here

Still not sure on the etiquette of what to send via PM and what to post here or in the private forum... oh well, learn as I go, please correct me if I did it wrong.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Is this rule still valid? I just remembered it, and I don't think I've seen ever mentioned outside of this post (like, there is no "Big Board of Stakes" for example).

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 pm

If we're still waiting for event threads to resolve after day-flip, how do we proceed?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."