(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 pm
She giggled. "Anoo... a Scorpion told me to get a Yojimbo... You following this one like a puppy probably will be seen as a bodyguard rather than a suitor."
"Given what an impediment to romance a perpetual hanger-on can be, best we don't chance it, hm?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 pm
"Given what an impediment to romance a perpetual hanger-on can be, best we don't chance it, hm?"
She bowed at the Shiba. "As you wish. Still the offer stands if you need this one's help with anything just let me know." She smiled. "I will be around the whole miai. I still wonder what the future holds."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:49 am

Kakita Reina wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:44 pm
Kakita Reina, on the other hand, finds the presentation fascinating, and moves to examine the statues more closely one the servants have them in place.
As "engaged" as Yoshi is with the beautiful Koi, appearances must still be made. An unfortunate reality of a miai was that it was unwise to fall in love, as the one you were sure that you would be paired with might be yanked out of your grasp at the last moment. It was an unfortunate necessity to keep the field open until your moment. And if he was, my the Heavens, Yoshi was going to swing for the fences.

He observes a Crane looking over the artwork that was set out. "I am afraid that most are not to the standards of your Kakita Artisans, Crane-san, but there is something endearing about the personal touch, no?" He bows. "This one is Kasuga Yoshi"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am

"Good morning, Kakita-san." The boy replies, a bit flabbergasted due Reijin's skillful kendama demonstration. "The Deer have been kind, hai." After a proper bow, he asks, "How has been this morning so far to the Crane?"
"I am fed, watered, and healthy. The Crane are well served this morning. Shika-sama showed no outward signs of disliking the gift. I will admit to nervousness on that. My training and vocation has been focused on...more offensive uses of culture and language to cause an appropriate outcome for my lord. It has not been entirely pleasant to be without a soft speaking Doji or Asahina to smooth over the coarse clay of my own efforts." Akihiro spoke a lot to bleed off his own stress and realized belatedly he was justifying to the Seppun as a substitute for himself. Fuck. That had been strange and not very fun at the dais though it had worked out.

"But I am going on. Seppun-sama has been gracious enough to ask about the movements of the Crane, how go the Imperial tactics in the court?"
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 am

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 am
-snip-
"Well... Shika-sama is really good at kendama. I guess it went well. I am not a good court tactician, if such thing exists." He says, looking around as he tries to find the other Imperial he read the name at the inn.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:42 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 am
"Well... Shika-sama is really good at kendama. I guess it went well. I am not a good court tactician, if such thing exists." He says, looking around as he tries to find the other Imperial he read the name at the inn.
"I assure you Seppun-sama, such things definitely exist in the halls of the Crane. A Lion on the battlefield has his fan, and a Crane in the court has his. Both are used much the same." Akihiro fluttered his own fan about unexpertly. "But I would not wish to impose for too long Seppun-sama. Your words this morning have been gift enough that I cannot ask for further."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:10 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 pm
She bowed at the Shiba. "As you wish. Still the offer stands if you need this one's help with anything just let me know." She smiled. "I will be around the whole miai. I still wonder what the future holds."
"And if you have anyone you need dangled over the battlements by their ankles, you have but to say the word."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:13 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:04 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:45 pm
Yasu nods. "I think the spear connection offers something of interest for our hosts." She looks to Murato. "Is that sincere as the Crab are sincere," in other words, blunt and even rude, "or just...hmm...normal levels of sincerity?"

"Acknowledging the Deer's martial traditions shows some appreciation and attention went into the gift. I'm less sure about Shosuro-san's there. It's interesting, but...doesn't tie into anything much, unless they've learned Shika-sama collects masks." There's a questioning tone to the last bit. For all she knew, that really was a hobby the champion enjoyed.

The Asahina caught Yasu's eye though. "Oh...my...There's one who'd look more at place on the Wall than in a temple for sure. I should wrangle Hida-san into a meeting with him, I imagine. Make up our own minds before the matchmakers just make the easy pairing for him."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:13 am
Kitsu Murato wrote:
"Asahina.... Bo-san?" Narumi follows the Kuni's gaze and her own lands on the mountain... and all colour drains from the Otters features. She looks for a moment like she might faint, truly, and she realizes she's stopped breathing.
... it might be a good idea to continue breathing? Sharp is the intake of breath then and she nearly drops her cup.
"I met him yesterday morning," her voice seems just a little strained, "-he's uh..."
Narumi felt light headed, and for once seemed at a loss for words. "He's just fine."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 am
Kitsu Murato wrote:

Yasu frowned in definite concern, shifting a bit to be ready to possibly catch the Otter if she faints. "Are you ok, Usogawa-san?" She regrets not having her medicine kit, and its small bit of medicinal sake to offer.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description