(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kakita Sakura

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:16 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 am
Once she's done presenting her gift to Shiken-dono, Sakura moves away from the Daimyo- and, after some discussions with her aide, Nanami, makes her way- guided by the peasant- towards Shika Zang, bowing as she approaches the man. “Good morning, Shika-sensei. Have you had rice today?”

(Sakura's using sensei in the general term of respect for a sensei)
Zang's voice was rough and boisterous, clearly more accustomed to the shouting over the noise of the battlefield or a dojo full of students in a grand melee. He wasn't shouting, indeed he was trying to be respectful, but he was just a shade louder than was strictly proper at a public gathering.

"indeed, Kakita-san!" he said, with a bow and abundant good cheer. "An army marches on it's stomach, and Shika Zang is an army unto himself! Has Kakita-san also fueled herself for the battle of yet another day?"
“I have, Shika-sense, and am ready to put that fuel to good use. Your dojo is finely kept, and as fine a ground for practice- and sparring- as any I have experienced.”

The Crane holds up her own fan, smiling gently. “On that topic, I was wondering what martial events you have in store for those of us who are so inclined, Shika-sensei.”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:26 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 pm
[...]
"That this ronin has caught the eye of both of you... I shall make an effort to get to know her.
Anyone else?" Narumi was very interested and did not try to hide it.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:16 pm

“I have, Shika-sense, and am ready to put that fuel to good use. Your dojo is finely kept, and as fine a ground for practice- and sparring- as any I have experienced.”

The Crane holds up her own fan, smiling gently. “On that topic, I was wondering what martial events you have in store for those of us who are so inclined, Shika-sensei.”
"Ha!" Zang gave a short bark of a laugh. "Trying to scout out the battlefield ahead of time, eh Kakita-san? I approve!"

He set down his cup to grin at the blind Kakita.

"Shika Pei-Pei would have my head if I told you all the details, Kakita-san. You should see those claws of hers, they could rip a careless samurai in two! But this I will tell you..." he says.

He lowers his voice a bit....which for him is whispering, but it's not THAT quiet, certainly not to Sakura.

"There will be opportunities to display all sorts of martial opportunities. And sure some of those might be simply displays that could be performed by oneself, but I find that you cannot truly TRULY know a person until you have faced off against them, be it a battlefield or a duel. And who wants to marry someone you don't know?" he puts forth.

He takes a small sip from his cup.

"So, Kakita-san, you should definitely be thinking about whom you really REALLY want to get to know, for the day you find out is coming."
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:16 pm

"Ha!" Zang gave a short bark of a laugh. "Trying to scout out the battlefield ahead of time, eh Kakita-san? I approve!"

He set down his cup to grin at the blind Kakita.

"Shika Pei-Pei would have my head if I told you all the details, Kakita-san. You should see those claws of hers, they could rip a careless samurai in two! But this I will tell you..." he says.

He lowers his voice a bit....which for him is whispering, but it's not THAT quiet, certainly not to Sakura.

"There will be opportunities to display all sorts of martial opportunities. And sure some of those might be simply displays that could be performed by oneself, but I find that you cannot truly TRULY know a person until you have faced off against them, be it a battlefield or a duel. And who wants to marry someone you don't know?" he puts forth.

He takes a small sip from his cup.

"So, Kakita-san, you should definitely be thinking about whom you really REALLY want to get to know, for the day you find out is coming."
“Mmm, quite so, Shika-sensei.”

Sakura's smile grows slightly as she bows. “I shall keep your wisdom in mind, for you have given me much to think of.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 pm
[...]
Kuni Yasu wrote:
[...]
"Plenty of people here worth getting to know I imagine. I would not assume to know what your clan or you yourself are looking for, though," he says.

Then he gives an extremely serious look.

"But I have heard that Kitsu Murato is the catch of the season. I can't remember who I heard that from, but it might have been from someone he knows. Maybe even himself."

He holds back a smile.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:58 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Sakura's smile grows slightly as she bows. “I shall keep your wisdom in mind, for you have given me much to think of.”
Zang grinned.

"Just so! A warrior needs a mind as sharp as any blade! But if you would like lessons in bladework, feel free to seek me out at the Dojo." he offered good naturedly, with a bow.
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:01 am

Shika Zang wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:58 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Zang grinned.

"Just so! A warrior needs a mind as sharp as any blade! But if you would like lessons in bladework, feel free to seek me out at the Dojo." he offered good naturedly, with a bow.
“I may well do so- the skill of the Deer in the spear is well-known. Until then, Shika-sensei.”

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 am

Among the crowd in the hall was a Lion bushi who, though his face seemed quite impassive, had drifted close to the presentations of gifts to Shika Renji so he might observe them. His stoic face gave tiny hints to his impressions of the gifts as they were offered and accepted, though he largely stood as still as a statue. His dark orange kimono - almost copper in color, especially where it caught more shadow - was a pleasing compliment to the woods of the hall, and the hints of animation made the tall man seem at least slightly approachable as the presentations rolled on.

---------
Happy to chat. Please quote or pm if you approach.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:33 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
[...]
She grows playfully serious as well! "Is that right, Lion-san? I shall endeavor to edge out his attention then, though as the most eligible bachelor this miai can attest, perhaps his time is occupied fending off all manner of suitors and he might find himself too tired to entertain a simple Otter."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 pm
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Yasu looks a bit surprised. "A ronin shugenja, that's a rarity. I'm a bit surprised she hasn't been offered a place before now." At Murato's bragging, she hides her smile within her cup. "Hmm, I'll have to meet more of the crowd before I can confirm that, but he's made a very solid showing so far."

"For that matter, the Otter have been surprisingly numerous for such a young clan, and rather impressive so far...and that's without meeting the young heir I hear is in attendance."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description