Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Saibankan

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 am
Is there any benefit going in for the Gift Giving event with the Generousity advantage? I can't cut and paste the text at the moment but it includes knowing the proper gift.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=303

In addition, does the Well of Desire shuji activate if the gift is accepted?
Generosity: Sure, just post the gift in your pf first, and I'll check it over before you present it to make sure it's good.

Well of Desire: Yep, sure does. The whole point of that shuji is the gift giving game, so it definitely applies.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm
Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 am
Is there any benefit going in for the Gift Giving event with the Generousity advantage? I can't cut and paste the text at the moment but it includes knowing the proper gift.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=303

In addition, does the Well of Desire shuji activate if the gift is accepted?
Generosity: Sure, just post the gift in your pf first, and I'll check it over before you present it to make sure it's good.

Well of Desire: Yep, sure does. The whole point of that shuji is the gift giving game, so it definitely applies.
Followed up here: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=286#p3963
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:37 pm
I saw the Moth mon colours were added? The Otter colours are....?
At the discretion of the daughter of the Otter clan champion, but she should ask her fellow otters what they think would be good.
The Otter have conferred and decided our colours are brown and blue.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:35 pm

How does using a skill, a technique, or an attempt to advance an agenda work in practice?

1. For example, if I am in a thread with Shosuro-san, and I want to take a clandestine look through his pack, do I announce this right in the thread and make a roll right there? Call for GM intervention? Put all of these details in the private forum so Shosuro-san is none the wiser?

2. Similarly, using a technique targeting another PC, or just targeting something else (maybe an NPC or otherwise) that the other PCs wouldn't necessarily know about. Is this announced and adjudicated publicly, or in the private forum?

3. Similar to both the above, but specifically for advancing an agenda by targeting a PC. Is this announced and handled in the private forum so that it's hidden, or does the role go directly in the "public" thread? If public, do we just say "Agenda Roll: ..." without explaining what the agenda is?

4. Do PCs need to agree to be agenda targets? Assuming we're following the other rules and guidelines (i.e. not moving or physically interacting with other PCs without permission), and the agenda attempt is conversational or demonstrational in nature?
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:42 pm

On recovery actions:

1. Can a recovery be attached to an existing thread as long as it is not either an event or agenda thread for my character? Say Shosuro-san and I are having tea at the teahouse in the Late Afternoon, and my passion is archery. At the end of the thread, as we're finishing our tea, I say "Come on Shosuro-san, let's go shoot some arrows." Is that enough to count the Late Afternoon as pursuing my passion? Or "let's go visit the Deer healers" for fatigue recovery?

2. In a similar vein, if I have an open timeslot for Early Evening, can I say that I pursued my passion or visited the healer during that time without making a thread for it?
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:35 pm
How does using a skill, a technique, or an attempt to advance an agenda work in practice?

1. For example, if I am in a thread with Shosuro-san, and I want to take a clandestine look through his pack, do I announce this right in the thread and make a roll right there? Call for GM intervention? Put all of these details in the private forum so Shosuro-san is none the wiser?

2. Similarly, using a technique targeting another PC, or just targeting something else (maybe an NPC or otherwise) that the other PCs wouldn't necessarily know about. Is this announced and adjudicated publicly, or in the private forum?

3. Similar to both the above, but specifically for advancing an agenda by targeting a PC. Is this announced and handled in the private forum so that it's hidden, or does the role go directly in the "public" thread? If public, do we just say "Agenda Roll: ..." without explaining what the agenda is?

4. Do PCs need to agree to be agenda targets? Assuming we're following the other rules and guidelines (i.e. not moving or physically interacting with other PCs without permission), and the agenda attempt is conversational or demonstrational in nature?
1) If you need an action to be hidden from a fellow Player character, alert the gm in your private forum.

2) Same as 1.

3. Agendas are public. They're meant to be you convincing people that your agenda should go through, so it's something people need to be publicly aware of.

4. No permission is required to be the target of an agenda roll. Even if they don't want to listen to what you have to say, you might persuade the mob of the righteousness of your words just by getting to say them aloud, However, do try to be respectful of other people's play experience. The targeting rule of targeting a given player once per session is to encourage you to talk to more than just a handful of the same people without requiring you to talk to everyone in the game since time zones and preferences would make that a nightmare. Just be respectful. If two players are having an intimate conversation in the gardens about their possible shared future, please do not burst through the wall like the Kool-Aid man shouting, "Have I told you guys about this wall project I want to see get built?!?"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:42 pm
On recovery actions:

1. Can a recovery be attached to an existing thread as long as it is not either an event or agenda thread for my character? Say Shosuro-san and I are having tea at the teahouse in the Late Afternoon, and my passion is archery. At the end of the thread, as we're finishing our tea, I say "Come on Shosuro-san, let's go shoot some arrows." Is that enough to count the Late Afternoon as pursuing my passion? Or "let's go visit the Deer healers" for fatigue recovery?

2. In a similar vein, if I have an open timeslot for Early Evening, can I say that I pursued my passion or visited the healer during that time without making a thread for it?
Pursuing a passion is meant to be both a reason to roleplay AND recovery strife. But I understand that you might not be inspired to write about your archery passion fifty times over the course of the game. If possible, I would prefer that you roleplay it, but a null slot like option 2, or even a "And then we went and did the thing" as in 1 are acceptable in a pinch.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 pm

Question here

https://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewt ... f=73&t=338

Also - should we post questions that we place in our PMs here, or is it unnecessary?

Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 pm
Question here

https://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewt ... f=73&t=338

Also - should we post questions that we place in our PMs here, or is it unnecessary?

I'm trying to stay on top of the pf's, so posting here isn't strictly necessary if it's in your pf, but if you're just urgently needing to know and I'm not around on discord.....

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Thanks! No rush for that one, but good to know.

Also another question - should we post PMs to you or questions here if we go somewhere and are looking for a random NPC (or believe something weird might happen)

(Like here, for example - might bump into something)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.