The Stars that guide (D1 MM gift giving thread)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Usogawa Emiko

The Stars that guide (D1 MM gift giving thread)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm

The first proper day of this gathering, and Emiko was dressed up very nicely in a very fancy brown kimono with small flowers along the sleeves and the sides, giving the appearance of a garden. She bowed to the lord of the Deer.

"Lord Shika-dono, thank you for this invitation. I'm honoured to be able to spend time within your wonderful lands, and my father sends his warmest regards. Although our clan holds no lands, we know well how well connected the whole Empire is through the rivers. In this, the stars themselves shine along the shimmering water, and guide us from place to place."

Emiko placed down a scroll that looked quite worn.

"In this, the stars are charted. Showing the path from the furthest corner of our lands to the other, along the river that runs through. From the Far Traveller Castle, to the Port that Never sleeps, to the castle of the Centipede, and of course to where we are now. This is my gift to you" she bowed deeply again.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Renji

Re: The Stars that guide (D1 MM gift giving thread)

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Renji smiled and offered a bow to the Otter.

"I am honored beyond words that you would seek to gift the very stars to us for the simple matter of hosting you in our lands, Usogawa-san. However, you will soon be sailing into the uncharted waters of a new marriage. Would it not be wiser to keep such a reference for yourself so you might always find your way home?" he says, giving the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:17 pm

"I thank you for consideration on this Shika-sama" Emiko bowed "however I will have my partner with me. We can guide ourselves across these new waters together, with confidence that neither of us will steer the other wrong."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Renji nodded.

"Of that I have no doubt, Usogawa-san." he replied.

"And yet, I see the years of age upon the chart. Your family is so young, and yet you have something that was likely gaze at upon the first to be able to call themselves Otters, perhaps even those who were not Otter in name, but Otter in spirit. Surely I cannot take such an important part of your clan's legacy for the simple act of offering you time in our lands." he said, giving the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:54 pm

"It's true, we are very young, and the chart has been handed down" Emiko nodded "but the future is also important, and the time spent in your lands is helping to shape the future. The legacy of the Otter will grow through marriage, leaving the old life behind and beginning anew. I have faith in Shika-sama, and in our dear frieds in the Deer, and know we are safe in your guidance."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:57 pm

Renji bowed.

"Then I will accept this gift, Usogawa-san, with the hope that my clan can guide you towards happiness and contentment, and that someday your children and their children will return here and see where your new course began." he says accepting the gift.

(Usogawa Emiko receives 1 Courtship point, 1 Honor and 1 Glory)

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:00 pm

"Thank you Shika-sama" Emiko bowed deeply "may the stars guide you safely also."

Once dismissed she moved away to allow others to give their gifts.