[D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Asahina Soyokaze

[D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Soyokaze glanced up and down the hall as he stood outside the Scorpion's room. He tapped lightly at the door as he tried to be subtle but he couldn't be any more suspicious.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:38 pm

"Enter", came a simple command.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm

He slide the door open just enough to slide and and closed it. "Good morning Hikimasu-san, I am sorry to trouble you so early. I hope you rested well."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:13 pm

The Scorpion's inn room was tidy, his armor furnished on a stand, as well as his daisho. A book lay on a small table and his futon had been folded, presumably by the Scorpion himself. He sat at the table, dressed to go to the dojo, his mask on.

"I have rested well every night, have you had rice?" He asked and gestured for the Crane to come forward and sit.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:23 pm

He took the offered seat. "Inari's gift has not been sitting well as of late but I hope she blesses you. I expect that today and tomorrow are going to be very busy so I will try to be quick with your time. Some things have happened, the thorn in my side continues to grow but I can't take any action against him directly. He has taken something, not from me but a gift I gave to another and has made some very dangerous claims about it and by extension me. He may not know it but he's playing games with his life now but before it gets that far someone suggested to me that perhaps I should just return the favor. If he were to lose something that he cares dearly about it could serve as a warning, a wakeup call or just catharsis for me. But I don't have to skills needed to do that nor did the one who suggested it. We both thought that maybe you could know someone who might be able to do such a thing."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Hikimasu listened along, noting what was said and what specifics were carefully left out. He nodded and sat back, thoughtful. A long moment passed as he considered, then he nodded again.

"Before we can discuss that, I would like you to know something", he told the Asahina. "I had a conversation with Seppun Yuzu-sama. He made it clear his hope that you find a more productive and honorable path than what he believes you are following." He cocked his head to the side. "I will assume you think him to say this in order to stifle retribution, rather than him having any true concern for your soul. Would that be accurate?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:48 pm

"I believe he is more lost than I ever have been and I genuinely pray that he wakes to the realities of life that have been obscured from him. I don't know if he knows you and I know each other so I have to take his words as true and not a message meant for me. Either way I feel like he needs to learn something from all of this and having to search all of Deer lands for his things may give him the time to reflect."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:57 pm

He nodded again.

"I see", he said. "Suppose something unfortunate occurs, what else may happen then? Would a Scorpion be sought to pay for the crime? Would a Scorpion be thanked in some manner?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:03 pm

"If it came to it a Crane would take responsibility, and a Scorpion will be thanked even if they refused to help, in any way they might ask." Soyokaze reached into his kimono and pulled out an origami Scorpion, placing it down in front of the Shosuro. It sat upon the tatami gently but something about it told Hikimasu that is was far heavier than it should be.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:19 pm

He didn't touch the origami yet he only sat still, thoughtful.

"What is your hope in these matters? Simply that they be distraught?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description