[D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm

He'd just had food and a drink, now Hikimasu needed a think. The best way to do that was to say hello to Yudaina and get some feedback on the days events, straight from the horse's mouth. So he dressed down quite a bit, just his kimono underlayer, tied up his sleeves and got apples, a brush, a bucket, water and a hot pot of black tea to slap himself in the face with, as he was nearing the end of his ability to fight the darkness of Yume-do.

Setting everything down in the stable next to the mighty and powerful Yudaina, who spared no expense displaying regal acceptance of such an offering of apples, Hikimasu went to work.

"I know, I know, the stablecats have probably been kind to you already", he said. "But you can hardly blame me for wanting to come see you and-" he sniffed his companion's flank. "Did someone put perfume on you?" he laughed. "If i come back and your hair's been braided, I'll be jealous."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Exploring the stables beside the inn seemed in order, and Narumi found herself investigating them thoroughly. She'd not had much experience around them, after all- and it had been an interesting day. Different then she was accustomed to, but not in a way she disliked.
So the Otter heard someone speaking within the stable, and decided she would have a look for herself. Perhaps someone on the less-honourable side of ventures she might rub elbows with? Much to her aunt's chagrin... She spots the Scorpion and his steed. She, herself, wears a darker style kimono and her hair is loose around her shoulders, her makeup just beginning to smudge as the day has worn on.
"Arigato? Is there hair braiding going on back here that I am not privvy to?" Narumi can't help but smirk as she assesses the other casually-dressed samurai. "I'm afraid I've left my makeup kit in my room, Scorpion-san, but I can excuse myself to fetch it," she said in high humour.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 pm

He ducked his head slightly, hearing someone teasing behind him. He looked up at Yudaina, wagging a finger.

I know you saw her, warn me next time!

A face with a red cloth mask turned over their shoulder at Narumi. "Good evening, sorry to say though I carry the Shosuro name I'm not an actor and lack make up...but..." his eyes narrowed, subtly taking in the woman's form. "I think you'll be fine." After all, it was only Hikimasu, and he was foolish enough to think just about any woman is too pretty for him to look at straight on.

Yudaina nudged him away, snorting. The Scorpion scowled at him and patted the beast's side.

"Shosuro Hikimasu", he introduced himself to the women without turning around, but he nodded his head low. "Nice to meet you."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Still, the amused smirk sat upon her lips. "Ah Shosuro-san; this one is called Usogawa Narumi. I would say we are well met, but you have not introduced me to your companion..." Narumi could barely keep a serious expression. She enjoyed searching for his gaze.
This was perhaps a best case scenario as far as match introductions had gone so far today. "Are you here for the miai?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm

His eyes widened only subtly, but they did. "Usogawa?"

Was she Emiko's sister? Older or younger? That he couldn't say, but this Narumi looked more mature... darker, not skin tone, but her aura perhaps.

"And oh...", he brushed the horse's side a bit more. "Not so loud, Yidaina-san here doesn't know and I'd rather he not get jealous." A small chuckle, perhaps nerves.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm

"We shall keep it to ourselves then," she replied with a hushed tone, and the smirk stayed firm.
"How were your travels? With such a fine companion, I'm sure it was an utter joy?" she takes steps closer, though not obtrusively so, just close enough to convey curiosity. "I'm unaccustomed to being so close to one so noble,' she dips her head towards the horse. "It's obvious you care for him very much."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 pm

"He's a gift, well a traditional gift...i suppose", he answered and instinctively stepped to the side, either to allow her to close in on Yidaina, or to make sure there was proper distance between her and him.

"My grandfather won a pair of horses from a Unicorn in a contest and this one is descended from them. He's not pure bread, but i think it gives him more character."

Yūdaina:

"He's well trained", he assured the Otter.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:41 pm

She stop close to the horse and regards it with interest, though truly her gaze keeps finding its way to the master instead, and finally her cheeks flush when their eyes meet.
"He is grand. I find that having an interesting bloodline that ebbs and flows, following the winding course of the river with all its twists and turns, beats out the straight-line of a well-worn road with little scenery any day. I would rather travel where I might get lost and find adventure, then have my every step paved by those who came before me."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Hikimasu held his breath for a moment, until he was certain the comment bubbling in his brain had passed. He hadn't missed the look, but what was it really supposed to mean, so early?

"We've been on a few adventures together, but I assume it's the same for you", he answered. "Traveling the river of gold, you've probably been to the city of stories more than I have. Sometimes it's not the path taken, but what you find on it."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:28 pm

She nodded thoroughly.
"I am all about the journey, hai! Often the destination is a simple footnote. A stop in between where the story truly lies!
So tell me, Shosuro-san, how you pass the time-- besides tending to your noble companion, of course?" she offered the horse a nod as well, and there was mirth in her dark brown eyes. "I've already told you, I enjoying travelling; not that I would have much choice, living on a riverboat, venturing from city to city, assisting my aunt with her matchmaking... It will be interesting to see a proper miai though, or rather to participate in one.
I suppose it's a very different affair, personally utilizing the services of a matchmaker rather than being a candidate en masse."