[D6, EE] Friendly neighborhood Matsu

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D6, EE] Friendly neighborhood Matsu

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:13 pm

"Dear Kitsu-san, I appreciate your dilemma. As the honorable son of an honorable family, you cannot act but with great honor. According to bushido," the Matsu stresses, "one of the pillars of our honor is dedication to duty. Like our duty here, to secure the best matches possible. You need a female shugenja of respectable honor."

Ishioka holds up a hand to preempt the objection that 'respectable' isn't sufficient.

"Yes, I remember, the goal is 'impeccable.' But, let us be realistic, the participants in this miai from most clans are far from paragons of honor. Lord Akodo did not always get to fight on terrain of his choosing; so it is here."

Ishioka takes a drink of tea, thankful for the refreshment, then adds, "That said, Moshi Shizuka-sama seems to match your requirements, hm?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:11 am

Tsugumasa considered that.

"Hmm, I had not considered her, I'll admit. We have not had gotten a chance to speak to one another. ....but the Moshi do have a fairly good reputation." he admitted. "Have you met with her yet, Matsu-san?"
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 am

"I have, although it was somewhat briefly," he says, looking thoughtful. "She struck me as a thoughtful and energetic samurai... pleasing to look upon as well, I won't deny, and... Ahem. An intense spirit, Kitsu-san, as though the light of Lady Amaterasu herself is powering her. She was... quite appealing in my estimation. And I did not think to pursue her myself only because she seemed such a strong potential match for you, Kitsu-san."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:39 am

Tsugumasa nodded.

"I trust Matsu-san's judgement in this. Does he have any suggestions on how to proceed with her?" he asked.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:31 am

"If Kitsu-san would permit, perhaps a visit to the sake bar with myself and a friend would be a comfortable first meeting with her? It can be challenging to start conversation with someone out of the blue, and as it's my suggestion for you to meet her, it seems only right that I at least offer my support." The Matsu, perhaps with a smile worthy of a Crane courtier just barely pulling at the corners of his stoic mouth, takes a pleasant sip of his tea.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:37 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:31 am
"If Kitsu-san would permit, perhaps a visit to the sake bar with myself and a friend would be a comfortable first meeting with her? It can be challenging to start conversation with someone out of the blue, and as it's my suggestion for you to meet her, it seems only right that I at least offer my support." The Matsu, perhaps with a smile worthy of a Crane courtier just barely pulling at the corners of his stoic mouth, takes a pleasant sip of his tea.
Tsugumasa nodded.

"I think that would be doable, Matsu-san. The strength of the Lion only grows with numbers, yes?" he said, trying to make conversation.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 am

"Quite so, Kitsu-san," the Matsu says with a genuine smile. "I shall facilitate the plans and look forward to it. The day after tomorrow [D8] will be adequate for me to put everything in order, and I will send word at first opportunity of the hour to meet. Thank you again for the tea and your time, Kitsu-san. I shall take my leave, unless I can be of service in some other way?"
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:16 am

Tsgumasa shook his head.

"Ie, I feel more confident with things being handled by you Matsu-san. May your ancestors watch over you.' he rose and offered a respectful bow.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:08 pm

"Thank you, Kitsu-san, for your confidence and that blessing. And may your ancestors watch and strengthen you." He rises, bows and departs.

/scene
Description