(D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: (D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:17 am

It seemed like everyone was having a good time.

Being able to see people like this was... nice.

/On the scene but unless approached, will just be helping collapsed or unwell people get back to the Inn.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:44 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:01 am
"Of course. It would be my pleasure. Hers as well, I'm sure."
Narumi quickly downs her cup of sake she's been nursing, and notes the closeness of the Lion. Hazy memories of the other night when they met here push their way forward and despite herself she leans toward the Stone Matsu, trying to recover the sense of ease and companionship with the rest she'd started the night with.
She refills her cup as Tanabe makes his toast to Jin, and she turns her gaze to her ally before raising her glass as well. "Kampai!" She exclaims in agreement!
Ishioka joins, if slightly less enthusiastically, and with that new wave of drink resetting his mind, he glances to Narumi. With a move that's remarkably subtle for a big man who's feeling his drink, he slides slightly closer to her, appearing to simply be stretching before ending up close enough to ask her quietly, "Are you going to be ok getting back to the inn, Narumi-san?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:06 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:44 am
"Are you offering to walk me back to my room? Very honourable of you. If you do, I'd have to invite you in; it's only polite. Therein, rest assuredly that I'd do dishonourable things to you, Ishioka-san," she replied as quietly as she could, over the lip of her cup. Keeping a straight face, of course.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:56 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:07 am
Yasu's arm slips around his waist from the back. Just some very inebriated drinking buddies supporting one another! "Y'know I have ways to try convincing a mountain to hurry to dust a bit faster though, right?" she grins up at him. "Just...to think about for future arguments."

The onigiri arrive still steaming a bit from the grill "Yeah, we do like our drink." Sometimes too much, but...you do what's necessary to keep fighting. "And our draw lots. Wonder if we'll see one here? That'd be some fun."

Her eyes wander the room, nudging Tanabe with her elbow and looking toward Narumi and Ishioka with a smile, hoping he'll appreciate his clanmate's apparent enjoyment of the night.
Tanabe rubbed big hands together with a wide grin "mmmmmmm this looks delicious!" he exclaimed and grabbed one "oo, ah, hot, hot" he said passing it from hand to hand until it cooled off and popped it into his mouth "mmmmm yeah good idea" he said nodding happily

"Oh yeah draw lots! Seen a couple of those when we went into Crab lands. Great fun, some of the performers look up their nose at them since the actors aren't trained but I always think they are a good time." he said grinning after he swallowed.

He sees Yasu motion across the bar and looks to see Narumi chatting with the lion "Well good on Narumi-san! She deserves a good match! Though that Lion fellow looks awful serious."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:11 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:56 am
Tanabe rubbed big hands together with a wide grin "mmmmmmm this looks delicious!" he exclaimed and grabbed one "oo, ah, hot, hot" he said passing it from hand to hand until it cooled off and popped it into his mouth "mmmmm yeah good idea" he said nodding happily

"Oh yeah draw lots! Seen a couple of those when we went into Crab lands. Great fun, some of the performers look up their nose at them since the actors aren't trained but I always think they are a good time." he said grinning after he swallowed.

He sees Yasu motion across the bar and looks to see Narumi chatting with the lion "Well good on Narumi-san! She deserves a good match! Though that Lion fellow looks awful serious."
"Hmm..Usogawa-san doesn't like serious?" she asks while picking her one of the onigiri up more carefully, shifting to balance the heat across the calloused parts of her palm and staring at the tiny, grilled grains for a loooong moment of drunken focus before coming back to the moment with a small start. "He's good-humored enough once you get to know him. Served with the Lion embassy at Kyuden Hida, so got to know 'im last summer."

"Yeah, draw lots aren't supposed to be fancy, or up on a real stage like the theater here," she bites into her food, covering her mouth with the other hand to *haaah* and cool it a bit before her tongue burns. Still delicious. "no reason to look down, ain't trying for their jobs."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:46 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:11 am
"Hmm..Usogawa-san doesn't like serious?" she asks while picking her one of the onigiri up more carefully, shifting to balance the heat across the calloused parts of her palm and staring at the tiny, grilled grains for a loooong moment of drunken focus before coming back to the moment with a small start. "He's good-humored enough once you get to know him. Served with the Lion embassy at Kyuden Hida, so got to know 'im last summer."

"Yeah, draw lots aren't supposed to be fancy, or up on a real stage like the theater here," she bites into her food, covering her mouth with the other hand to *haaah* and cool it a bit before her tongue burns. Still delicious. "no reason to look down, ain't trying for their jobs."
Tanabe chuckled and shrugged "Dunno honestly, me and Narumi-san know more of each other than know each other small clan means most of us hear about each other now and again. " he explains "Just he seemed especially serious." Tanabe laughed a little "but in these things I trust your judgement Su-chan, wisest Crab in this bar."

at her comments about not taking the draw lots too serious Tanabe waved a hand dismissively "Ah yeah I agree with ya, you know actors can be, well, dramatic." he grinned
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:06 am
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:44 am
"Are you ..."
The Lion's face doesn't stay as straight, though the raised eyebrows and widened eyes would be hard for anyone but Narumi to see. As he tries to calm down, she can see pinpricks of fire winking into existence in Ishioka's formerly calm eyes.

"That," he says slow and soft, breath carefully controlled, "does seem... polite... But..." She can see he hates to say that word, but then the rest of his thought gets lost in a long, slow exhale as the Matsu's heart, aided by liquid courage, battles with his mind, which is only competitive by his indomitable will. He smiles at Narumi awkwardly as the struggle continues.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:56 pm
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 pm
"Hey there, handsome," Aimi laughs, because of course she can be a little flirty, a little improper, she's clearly had far too much to drink. "Might be needing someone to carry me back to my room at this rate..."
"Well, you know, just say the word. Of course, no idea who's gonna be carrying me, but we'll figure something out..."
She pauses, blinks, squints over at Koi. "Eh, she ok?"
"Nope. She's been working on tomorrow's hangover for a while now. Been drinking to numb things which, as I'm sure you know, only works for a bit..."
Aimi winces. "Poor girl. We met when she ran away, you know, but..." she pauses, then shakes her head. "But that is her story to tell, if she ever wishes to. Did she say what she wanted to numb? We've not talked much since... well. That night at the inn. And there, uh, weren't many words there."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:13 pm
Aimi winces. "Poor girl. We met when she ran away, you know, but..." she pauses, then shakes her head. "But that is her story to tell, if she ever wishes to. Did she say what she wanted to numb? We've not talked much since... well. That night at the inn. And there, uh, weren't many words there."
Koi for the most part stumbling at her table for another bottle of sake, and muttering to herself before dazing off into space as her player awaits outcome in an earlier thread to avoid the revenge of Tindalos beasts.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:34 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:46 am
Tanabe chuckled and shrugged "Dunno honestly, me and Narumi-san know more of each other than know each other small clan means most of us hear about each other now and again. " he explains "Just he seemed especially serious." Tanabe laughed a little "but in these things I trust your judgement Su-chan, wisest Crab in this bar."

at her comments about not taking the draw lots too serious Tanabe waved a hand dismissively "Ah yeah I agree with ya, you know actors can be, well, dramatic." he grinned
Yasu glances toward Jin--the only other Crab in the room--and agrees with a nod and inebriated excess of laughter. "Only Inari's wisdom tonight," she taps her cup and grins up at him, feeling pretty much right with the world. "Does't make you the smartest Otter in the bar?" She glances Narumi's way, painted brow lifting at the mix of expressions between the pair.

Giving him a squeeze, she adds, "I should walk you home, hmm? Cause you're drunk." She offers one short of confirmation that she is definitely talking about his state and not her own, yep.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description