(D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Suzume Senseki

Re: (D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:49 pm

For the second time in six days, the Suzume arrived early to the play. As in the last five days... pretty much drenched, despite his best efforts to look presentable. The wicker hat, which he removed on entering, dripped water as he walked, and his hakama and kimono, which looked as if there was dirt in them at the best of times, had their hem covered in mud.

Given the state of the weather, though, it was probably forgivable.

Why the man was early today was not clear - he waited close to the back again, with a smile and the face of someone who's pondering about something. It might be that the title of the play had drawn him - Ichiro was the founder of a Minor Clan, after all, and it was probably no secret by now that Senseki had been hoping to get the Sparrow closer to the other Minor Clans.

One way or another, for now he just kept there. Waiting, thinking... or maybe just waiting for his clothes to get less damp.

OOC:
Please PM or quote if approached! :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:47 am

Yasu'd missed yesterday's play. It had been an eventful day. Tonight was quieter, and she chose to attend the play, even if she expected it to be incompressible due to trying far to hard to be art instead of a story.

Her borrowed umbrella was left at the door, her hems slapped at her ankles, soaked through after a full day of dealing with the rain. With little fanfare, she settles to the back of the theater.

ooc: quote/pm to approach.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:32 am

Kitsuki Hajime's arrival was heralded by...well, not much really. He simply arrived, his better fan--the one in blue with the snowstorm on it--tucked in his obi. He performed a quiet scan of the room, then moved further inward to wait for his...maybe-date? It was not terribly well-defined. Perhaps, but probably not. But maybe. But, crucially, maybe not.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:32 am
Kitsuki Hajime's arrival was heralded by...well, not much really. He simply arrived, his better fan--the one in blue with the snowstorm on it--tucked in his obi. He performed a quiet scan of the room, then moved further inward to wait for his...maybe-date? It was not terribly well-defined. Perhaps, but probably not. But maybe. But, crucially, maybe not.
Murato entered the theater and took a look. He saw Hajime and approached. "Kitsuki-san," he greeted nodding to the Dragon and indicating a pair of seats they might use. "I hope you have had a fine day."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:08 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 am

Murato entered the theater and took a look. He saw Hajime and approached. "Kitsuki-san," he greeted nodding to the Dragon and indicating a pair of seats they might use. "I hope you have had a fine day."
"As well as can be expected, Kitsu-sama," he said quietly, smiling, as he followed the Lion's indication and settled gracefully into his seat. "Though I find my performance in archery matched the degree of my training in it. I hope to do better if they test us on the sword."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:27 am

Settling in next to Hajime, he nods. "I was delighted to get the chance to practice. I enjoy archery a good deal. The connection create between the archer and target by the arrow is something I like to think about."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:19 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:27 am
Settling in next to Hajime, he nods. "I was delighted to get the chance to practice. I enjoy archery a good deal. The connection create between the archer and target by the arrow is something I like to think about."
"Oh? And what sort of connection would that be, Kitsu-sama?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:27 am

"There can be a spiritual aspect to a shot taken, where you trust in the connection that all things have to one another. you single out the thread that connects the arrow to the target and train the shot on that, rather than aiming using your sight in a traditional manner. But if you follow the thread in the other direction, from target to arrow to the knock it reaches your hand. thus the arrow does nothing more than guide the strand between person and target. All are part of something bigger," he says with a smile.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 am

"I wonder, does that still hold true after one has shot a man dead? I mean, is one still connected to him in that mystical way, or does it become simply an analogy for the relationship between any man and his killer, whatever the method?"

Hajime snapped out of it, then. "I apologize, Kitsu-sama, that was rather more morbid for an evening out than one might wish for."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:52 am

"Why was it morbid?" He asked. "Death is a part of a samurai's duty. It's not like you mentioned anything out of the ordinary. If that is what you wish to speak of then it would not put me off."