(D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:20 pm
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm
"Ah Matsu-san!" she looks up at the Stone Matsu, looking decidedly less stoney, and grins, motioning for him to sit next to her.
"Oh! I wouldn't know? I haven't met her..." in regards to any odd behaviour from the Unicorn. "I mean, I have met her, yesterday over cake... She asked me about navigating swollen riverbeds?" Things were just a little fuzzy. "I mean, I wouldn't know what would be considered out of place? For her?"
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Oh kami... Kuni-san... why?
If she wasn't blushing before, she was now, and shook her head with a smile at the inebriated Crab.
Ishioka spots the the encouraging gesture from Yasu and looks focused for a moment, trying to decide whether that fit with his impression of their conversation. Not being especially sharp of thought, he tries to file it away for consideration another time, as unlikely as that probably is.

Instead, he turns back to Narumi and says, without as much thought as he'd usually give, "swollen riverbeds, huh? That sounds like a saying for..." Eyes going a little wide, Ishioka does stop himself from finishing the thought, but he immediately waves to a server to bring him another drink so can hide his face behind something.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:52 pm
Surprised at his humour, Narumi smirked and tilted her head, looking at him through the warm haze of sake... before she sees the change to his expression, and her eyes flick around the bar. Oh.
Walls tried to slide into place, but the reinforcements were shoddy and barely held up. She sat up a bit straighter.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:13 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm
"Not quite as, uh, tidy as her usual stories," he observes, showing a touch of concern."
Based on the numbers of not exactly subtle couples around her, Mitsuki decided that even if she was in condition to tell a story properly (a fact that remained to be proved), looking like she still had enough active brain cells to remember clearly the night would only damper the mood.

"Tonight's tease night. No full story. Only teasers."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Surprised at his humour, Narumi smirked and tilted her head, looking at him through the warm haze of sake... before she sees the change to his expression, and her eyes flick around the bar. Oh.
Walls tried to slide into place, but the reinforcements were shoddy and barely held up. She sat up a bit straighter.
Ishioka in turn notices her reaction and isn't so deep in his cups not to realize what he'd just done. Be cool, Ishi, just be cool.

The Lion takes a cup from a nearby server who... very possibly could have meant for that to be his, and takes a small drink. Shochu? Nooo... Ok, real cool with this.

"Ah, Usogawa-san, I... remembered something I had talked with Usogawa Emiko-sama about the other day. That the two of us should, uh, have... tea or sake with her and one of my Kitsu cousins," he suggests, seeming a little desperate to turn the conversation positive.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:13 pm
"Tonight's tease night. No full story. Only teasers."
Zip! With a nearly audible crack as Inoshishi almost breaks the sound barrier, she's there at the Unicorn's right hand.

"Ooo, story tease! Yes please! I can get more sake if you want. But I can't help you if you...Story please tease please!"

She's had a few as she wanders around the bar, carefully not noticing anything happening with Ishioka, for the moment.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Yasuki Jin wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Jin mulled it over.

"If no one twigs on, let the ronin girl have her coins." he decided. "If someone starts yelling foul, be ready."
Yasu nods, clapping Jin on the back before standing. "Count on it! The Kuni're always at your back, Yasuki-sama."

She offers a broad grin and a way less subtle than she thinks thumbs-up to Ishioka and Narumi as she weaves back to her seat. It's unclear which of them she's offering encouragement to. Her hand rests on Tanabe's shoulder...for balance, of course...as she lowers back to her previous seat. "Hungry?" The place does have satisfying yaki onigiri, and with all the sake flowing, maybe something to eat wasn't a bad idea.

(pm/quote to approach, please)
"Hmmm?" Tanabe asked as he heard the querery having been wrapped up talking with a local "Oh? Food? Yes!" He said even a little louder than his usual volume.

His voice dropped a little "see this is why I need you in my life Su-chan, always so smart and thinking of others!" It was a drunken whisper as he leaned close to her resisting the urge to plant a kiss on that painted cheek of hers.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:01 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 pm

"Hmmm?" Tanabe asked as he heard the querery having been wrapped up talking with a local "Oh? Food? Yes!" He said even a little louder than his usual volume.

His voice dropped a little "see this is why I need you in my life Su-chan, always so smart and thinking of others!" It was a drunken whisper as he leaned close to her resisting the urge to plant a kiss on that painted cheek of hers.
She raised a hand to catch a servant's attention for the request, leaning against him a bit. "mmm, just hungry myself. Giving me too much credit." There's a pause and bit of a goofy, tipsy smile. "But the needing me part, I'm never going to argue with, Tan-kun."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:20 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:01 am

She raised a hand to catch a servant's attention for the request, leaning against him a bit. "mmm, just hungry myself. Giving me too much credit." There's a pause and bit of a goofy, tipsy smile. "But the needing me part, I'm never going to argue with, Tan-kun."
as she leans against him he takes it as permission and an arm comes around to rest on her hip "Good! because if you did we'd argue until the mountains grind down to dust." he said with a chuckle.

He looked about the room "This is a proper party! Leave it to the Crab to bring this kind of thing anywhere they are." he laughs raising a glass to Yasuki Jin.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:01 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:48 pm
"Of course. It would be my pleasure. Hers as well, I'm sure."
Narumi quickly downs her cup of sake she's been nursing, and notes the closeness of the Lion. Hazy memories of the other night when they met here push their way forward and despite herself she leans toward the Stone Matsu, trying to recover the sense of ease and companionship with the rest she'd started the night with.
She refills her cup as Tanabe makes his toast to Jin, and she turns her gaze to her ally before raising her glass as well. "Kampai!" She exclaims in agreement!
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:07 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:20 am
as she leans against him he takes it as permission and an arm comes around to rest on her hip "Good! because if you did we'd argue until the mountains grind down to dust." he said with a chuckle.

He looked about the room "This is a proper party! Leave it to the Crab to bring this kind of thing anywhere they are." he laughs raising a glass to Yasuki Jin.
Yasu's arm slips around his waist from the back. Just some very inebriated drinking buddies supporting one another! "Y'know I have ways to try convincing a mountain to hurry to dust a bit faster though, right?" she grins up at him. "Just...to think about for future arguments."

The onigiri arrive still steaming a bit from the grill "Yeah, we do like our drink." Sometimes too much, but...you do what's necessary to keep fighting. "And our draw lots. Wonder if we'll see one here? That'd be some fun."

Her eyes wander the room, nudging Tanabe with her elbow and looking toward Narumi and Ishioka with a smile, hoping he'll appreciate his clanmate's apparent enjoyment of the night.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description