(D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am
Ah, small talk. How bad we all seem to be at it.

"A mixed bag, Matsu-san. I enjoyed the Crab's offering. The others I have found difficult to relate to."

A pause.

"Yesterday's particularly aggravated me."
The Lion nods in agreement at "mixed bag" and "difficult to relate to." After Raizo's last thought, his face flickers with a faint curiosity.

"Oh? I missed last night's performance. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts about it, if recalling the... aggravation... is not too troublesome?" Ishioka's face still has barely budged, but he does seem interested.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:15 am

The matchmaking Otter entered, light on her feet despite being damp from the rains. If she'd heard the rumours swirling about her, they didnt seem to have sunk in.
She made sure to nod to many faces she saw here this evening, her On pleasant and inviting. Confident but not snobbish. Friendly to all.
Wearing a kimono of darkest blues, and a fine hair piece to match inset with a pearl and ribbons (the Stone Matsu would recognize), her hair braided tightly against the rain and held in a bun at the nape of her neck.
She fetches herself a cup of tea.

(Quote on approach pls!)
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:00 am

The lanterns are lowered once more and the play begins!:

My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Due to a misdelivered letter, inexperienced Seppun guard Seppun Akihiro is sent to watch over his lord's summer manor, rather than his lord's daughter, who is also named Seppun Akihiro being sent. Instead, the lord's daughter goes to a wild sake party, while rookie Akihiro is left dealing with a myriad of problems in running an estate that he has not trained for. The highlight of this problem is when the daughter's older brother hides a package of opium in the manor. This is consumed by the family owl which then begins to act erratically. (This part if performed by an actor made up like an owl that the Seppun chases around the stage knocking over several pieces of art that shatter loudly and eventually chase him through the audience).

A very drunk Seppun Akihiro returns from her party, and can't help but find herself somewhat charmed by her namesake's devotion to duty. She drunkenly confesses her love of him, and he sees her safely to her room. Only to be confronted by a very angry gang of criminals who've come to demand their opium back. Fortunately, the defense of the Imperial families is what Akihiro HAS trained for, and he soundly defeats them all while the Lord's daughter alternates between cheering him on and continued to profess her love for him. While the manor is well trashed, Akihiro's lord rewards him for the defense of his daughter and the defeat of the bandits allowing for a courtship between his daughter and Akihiro.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:01 am

Otomo Akimoro wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Akimoro is silent for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing his face before fading away into his ever-present smirk.

"Quite possible, Bayushi-san, quite possible. It wouldn't be the first time a writer used a pen name, and if this offering is as scandalous as might be allowed given the name, I can certainly understand why this one would. It wouldn't do to draft a script that might be taken by some as a confession, after all. The real question, I suppose, is whether such an offering can be lifted into the category of proper art, or if it must remain among the more common fare, limited by an unknown writer and questionable topic."
Minae for her part, divided her time watching the play and the Otomo from behind her fan. It certainly could well say quite a bit about this particular Otomo depending on his reaction. And so, out of respect for his station, allowed him the first word.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am
"Oh? I missed last night's performance. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts about it, if recalling the... aggravation... is not too troublesome?" Ishioka's face still has barely budged, but he does seem interested.
"No trouble at all, if you'll indulge my unpolished critique."

Raizo inhaled slowly.

"It was a tale to please no one- and, I think, in the way the author intended. Two siblings each fall in love with the same woman, injecting tensions into what had been a close and loving family dynamic. Their rivalry escalates, culminating in a duel- which the play ends before we see the result."

He shook his head.

"If you value Bushido, they are fools, slaves to the sin of Desire who allow their desires to destroy their relationship with their own family kin. If you value love, they're selfish idiots, incapable of letting the woman they both claim to love decide between them. Either way, I found it quite... unpleasant."

And then the play began.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:06 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:01 am
Minae for her part, divided her time watching the play and the Otomo from behind her fan. It certainly could well say quite a bit about this particular Otomo depending on his reaction. And so, out of respect for his station, allowed him the first word.
Akimoro's expression, of course, remains neutral throughout, although the fact that his attention quickly drifts from the action on stage toward the others in attendance speaks volumes.

"Yes, that's about what I expected," he says at the end.
Imperial • Courtier
Glory: 43, Honor: 20, Status: 50
Wears a chrysanthemum-shaped charm on his katana's scabbard. Sly, smirking jackass.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:47 pm
"Fancy meeting you here, Usogawa-san", said without the least bit of conspiracy in his voice. "Would you like to watch the play together, I'd be interested to hear your ideas on it."

Still, he looked around slightly. Was Kaikoga Fujiko really not coming this time? Maybe she was ill. He'd have to find out later.
Emiko turned and smiled before bowing.

"Shosuro-sama, hello! Are you looking forward to the play? I would love to see it with you. Let's find somewhere to watch."

She moved to find a place to watch before the performance happened:
My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi wrote:Due to a misdelivered letter, inexperienced Seppun guard Seppun Akihiro is sent to watch over his lord's summer manor, rather than his lord's daughter, who is also named Seppun Akihiro being sent. Instead, the lord's daughter goes to a wild sake party, while rookie Akihiro is left dealing with a myriad of problems in running an estate that he has not trained for. The highlight of this problem is when the daughter's older brother hides a package of opium in the manor. This is consumed by the family owl which then begins to act erratically. (This part if performed by an actor made up like an owl that the Seppun chases around the stage knocking over several pieces of art that shatter loudly and eventually chase him through the audience).

A very drunk Seppun Akihiro returns from her party, and can't help but find herself somewhat charmed by her namesake's devotion to duty. She drunkenly confesses her love of him, and he sees her safely to her room. Only to be confronted by a very angry gang of criminals who've come to demand their opium back. Fortunately, the defense of the Imperial families is what Akihiro HAS trained for, and he soundly defeats them all while the Lord's daughter alternates between cheering him on and continued to profess her love for him. While the manor is well trashed, Akihiro's lord rewards him for the defense of his daughter and the defeat of the bandits allowing for a courtship between his daughter and Akihiro.
Emiko had to keep her fan near her face for the whole performance to hide giggles. Especially during the owl part! As the play wound on she found it amusing but the ending seemed forced. Still, she had clearly enjoyed it.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:07 pm
Emiko turned and smiled before bowing.

"Shosuro-sama, hello! Are you looking forward to the play? I would love to see it with you. Let's find somewhere to watch."

She moved to find a place to watch before the performance happened:
My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi wrote:some contrived, but amusing nonsense.
Oh boy...
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:07 pm
Emiko had to keep her fan near her face for the whole performance to hide giggles. Especially during the owl part! As the play wound on she found it amusing but the ending seemed forced. Still, she had clearly enjoyed it.
Hikimasu sat thorugh it with her, a bit uncomfortable with the entire thing. All the details from the drunk daughter and owl to some of the lines given the bandits was far too reminiscent of the story of Soshi Aki, whose brothers affiliation with the Dorima Gang caused her an unmentionable incident.

She was married off to one her father's house guards, but it wasn't so light and fluffy as this.

The Shosuro painted on his best look of amusement.

"A bit far fetched, don't you think?" He asked. "Though i admit the tempo kept it funny."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Again the Sparrow arrives just minutes before the curtains open, sits down near the back and keeps pondering the play. He seems rather surprised by the actors running through the audience... but then he doesn't quite comment on react on that yet. Probably just something else he had never heard of, but must be common somewhere else.... right?

OOC:
Please PM or quote if approached, as usual ;)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Otomo Akimoro wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:06 pm
Bayushi Minae wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:01 am
Akimoro's expression, of course, remains neutral throughout, although the fact that his attention quickly drifts from the action on stage toward the others in attendance speaks volumes.

"Yes, that's about what I expected," he says at the end.
Minae tapped her fan.

"Hmm, unfortunate that Otomo-sama. The theater should always surprise one if even only a little bit." she remarked. "Was there a specific part you felt was too predictable?"
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"