(D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:37 pm
Stealing the tea from the servant bringing it to Emiko, the one returning with it was Murato. "Good morning," he says with a bright smile that contrasted drastically from his game. He suspected that she would want to talk about the games, and dreaded it a little bit, but he knew that he would enjoy how excited she got about it if she did.

The tea was offered.
"Oh thank you..." Emiko looked up and then paused, confused.

"Kitsu-sama? Why were you pretending to be a servant?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:30 pm
She blinked a few times, her mind still on the games, then understood what he wanted and shook his hand swiftly, in that weird manner the Moto used when they didn't want to offense someone trying to respect their customs, but knew the actual Moto bear hug was way too much for a Rokugani audience.

"So far so good Shika-sama. I actually expected to play Go sooner or later – even if I would have preferred shogi – as it's often used to quickly get an idea of the tactical acumen of a commander outside the actual battlefield.

Though I had imagined it would be half a game and half an interview, instead of a serious, mostly silent, tournament. I have no idea what you will learn from this except most of us are, well, simply average Go players.

But at least it was fun. Even if I could use a relaxing cup of tea right now."
"That, Moto-san, is easily remedied," Nesshin says, and flags over a servant, who delivers two cups of the steeped leaves.

"Not being a matchmaker myself," he adds, "I don't know the purpose of it, either, save for what Zang-sensei has said. I can only believe that it reveals information to Pei-Pei-sama that she finds useful in making her decisions about things."

He sips at the tea and adds "She's had great success thus far, so I do not question the methods. But I would guess things are done differently among the Unicorn?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm
"Oh thank you..." Emiko looked up and then paused, confused.

"Kitsu-sama? Why were you pretending to be a servant?"
"All samurai serve," he replies, pleasantly. "Nothing wrong with serving a bit of tea to a master. Master of the Go board. Very bold play style. Do you mind if I join you Usogawa-sama?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:16 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:02 pm
"All samurai serve," he replies, pleasantly. "Nothing wrong with serving a bit of tea to a master. Master of the Go board. Very bold play style. Do you mind if I join you Usogawa-sama?"
"I don't normally play that aggressive" Emiko said, looking a little embarrassed "but they seemed very relaxed and not focused, so I considered whether an aggressive approach would unsettle them and it worked. You are of course welcome to join me Kitsu-sama" she bowed to the man "were you in a disguise earlier? And crouching slightly? The servant I saw was smaller than you."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:16 pm
"I don't normally play that aggressive" Emiko said, looking a little embarrassed "but they seemed very relaxed and not focused, so I considered whether an aggressive approach would unsettle them and it worked. You are of course welcome to join me Kitsu-sama" she bowed to the man "were you in a disguise earlier? And crouching slightly? The servant I saw was smaller than you."
He smiled. "Not at all. Perhaps you were simply focused on the games and missed me," he said. "Though what does that say about me if I was missed. I'll need to try and be a bit more noticeable for you from now on."

He sat next to Emiko.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:57 pm
"That, Moto-san, is easily remedied," Nesshin says, and flags over a servant, who delivers two cups of the steeped leaves.

"Not being a matchmaker myself," he adds, "I don't know the purpose of it, either, save for what Zang-sensei has said. I can only believe that it reveals information to Pei-Pei-sama that she finds useful in making her decisions about things."

He sips at the tea and adds "She's had great success thus far, so I do not question the methods. But I would guess things are done differently among the Unicorn?"
"Arranging marriages is always a complicated affair, and the Unicorn have their fair share of strange customs in that regard too. But I take for granted that if that miai had taken place in the steppes of the west, we would have spent far more time on horseback. In spite of me taking him out for a ride as much as I can, my poor Avel is just languishing in boredom."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:24 pm
He smiled. "Not at all. Perhaps you were simply focused on the games and missed me," he said. "Though what does that say about me if I was missed. I'll need to try and be a bit more noticeable for you from now on."

He sat next to Emiko.
"No no" Emiko shook her head "I asked a servant to bring me tea, and you came back with the tea. I was quite focused on playing though, and still thinking on that first game. I nearly lost, it was really silly, but I turned it around by making him go on the aggressive and trying to go for a group in the middle, and he didn't notice it left him wide open to take a huge number of pieces."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 pm
"Arranging marriages is always a complicated affair, and the Unicorn have their fair share of strange customs in that regard too. But I take for granted that if that miai had taken place in the steppes of the west, we would have spent far more time on horseback. In spite of me taking him out for a ride as much as I can, my poor Avel is just languishing in boredom."
"I'm sorry to hear that," Nesshin says, nodding in sympathy. "Although an Ide with whom I've spoken has noted that the forests might well provide some challenging riding."

He gets a sheepish grin on his face and notes "I've never been ahorse, myself. Not a lot of them here, as might be thought, and my work's had me up trees almost as often as between them. Though," and here, the grin turns mischievous, "perhaps the Unicorn have such steeds as can climb the very trees?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Having failed to beat even one opponent, but having evidently spent his focus elsewhere, Raizo walked into the gathering with a thousand yard stare.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:01 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:47 pm
"No no" Emiko shook her head "I asked a servant to bring me tea, and you came back with the tea. I was quite focused on playing though, and still thinking on that first game. I nearly lost, it was really silly, but I turned it around by making him go on the aggressive and trying to go for a group in the middle, and he didn't notice it left him wide open to take a huge number of pieces."
"Ah, well I saw you ordered something from him when I was coming to greet you, so I told the servant I'd take care of it, that it would be an honor to serve your tea."

Looking to the players.

"That tactic gets me every time. You would think I'd figure it out by virtue of seeing it so frequently from the wrong side. Fool me twice..."