Day 1 (Aug 1-3)

Which way are the winds blowing?
Saibankan

Day 1 (Aug 1-3)

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:47 am

Day 1

There is a light sprinkling of rain in the early morning hours, but it has little effect upon the days temperatures with a high of 85 F (29.4 C) and a low of 65 (18.3 C). The clouds do not break, casting the kyuden into shadow, though the servants have plenty of lanterns ready for those inspired by cloudy days. The moon phase is last quarter.

Events:

Mid-Morning in the Great Hall: The Formal Welcome (Event Observation Thread)
Mid-Morning in the Great Hall: It's the Thought That Counts (Event)
Mid-Evening in The Theater of the Missing Fan: Everyone Wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Rumors:

"Aw man"
"What's wrong?"
"Ah, geez, I have to go clean at Doji Oharu's residence today."
"Well be on your triple best behavior. You know how he is."

"Hey, the Topaz Champion is here! That's pretty neat."
"Yeah...but I heard that she nearly decapitated her opponent during the dueling tournament."
"Yikes, I'd better steer clear of her. I'm really attached to my head!"

"What's Shiba Taemon's deal? I just went over to introduce myself and the man looked at me like I peed in his futon."
"Pff, you think he's bad? There was some kind of mix-up with Hiroto's travel papers and he just completely blew up at the gate guard! I thought there was going to be blood."

"What do you think Bayushi Minae is scheming?"
"Something devious I bet."
"But wait, you're supposed to expect Scorpions to do the opposite right? So does that mean she's on the up and up?"
"......she said you're very clever."
"She did? Wait a minute......"

"Some of these samurai look a little....off, if you know what I mean."
"Oh, like Mirumoto Haruhi? Yeah, she's a bit too...broad in the face if you know what I mean."
"I was thinking more of Moto Bayarmaa. She looks a bit....wild and untamed, if you know what I mean."
"Hm, well, it's not like their ancestry isn't going to be gone over with with a fine tooth comb. If Shika Pei-Pei finds anything distasteful, they'll be out on their weird butts....if you know what I mean."

"Did you see Yasuki Jin? The first summer after the man's gempukku and he's already going bald!"
"Hm, well you know they say if you go bald in the front it means you're a thinker, and if you go bald on top it means you're a lover."
"Does that mean if you go bald in both you only think you're a lover?"

"I heard that as soon as Kitsu Tsugumasa got in and cleaned, he went straight to the shrine."
"Well, I mean, he's a shugenja, not that weird to see him be pious."
"...and spent the whole day there."
"Maybe he's very pious?"

"...and then she said, 'Oh, I'll have the island tea.'"
"And what did you do?"
"Served her a cup of Kumiko. And she went on and on about the exotic island fruits."
"Pear isn't exactly 'an exotic island fruit'.
"Not like she could tell the difference."
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Re: Day 1 (Aug 1-3)

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Game of Letters:

First we played apart
We'll see someone play a part
Then to the garden
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind