I Should Have Just Played Yūdaina (Hikimasu AMA)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Shosuro Hikimasu

I Should Have Just Played Yūdaina (Hikimasu AMA)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks everyone. You all were a lot of fun, glad I made it to the end.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Re: I Should Have Just Played Yūdaina (Hikimasu AMA)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Favorite scene? Besides from when you where with the horsey. And would you ever think about playing the cutie fishy eyes again?

Loved all the scenes btw <3
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:41 pm

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?

Where did you draw inspiration for old fish eyes from anyways?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:39 pm
Favorite scene? Besides from when you where with the horsey. And would you ever think about playing the cutie fishy eyes again?

Loved all the scenes btw <3
Thanks, as you know i liked our scenes a lot too. :D

Favorite scene tho? I have a lot i liked. Meeting Unsei the first time was a trip i will never forget. Kheree scene in the rain when she gives Hikimasu a hug was pretty strong. Also first scene D0 with Emiko was perfect romcom tbh.

Would i bring him back? I don't know. I'd like to but I'm not sure what's left for him to develop on that I'd enjoy.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Do you wish you'd had a mustache to twirl?

Your activity seemed to come in waves. That just my imagination, or was there a sort of pattern to Hikimasu's activity?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:01 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:41 pm
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?

Where did you draw inspiration for old fish eyes from anyways?
Handled well: the contests themselves were 90% to me. Overall very good, only a few hiccups in my opinion. They were fairly varied and used mostif not all of the system.

What might be changed: i don't have much, I've seen some ideas for the issues brought up, i think a penalty for screwing up when you jump the gun in dueling is good. Makes people think twice about earth and water spam.

Inspiration for Hiki: a lot of things honestly. Though heavily drawn from Hikagaya Hachiman from My Teen Romance is SNAFU, as Expected. There was another big influence as well, i just can't recall the source, but it was another smart but lazy character who fell in love with someone important who relied on them.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:03 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:00 pm
Do you wish you'd had a mustache to twirl?

Your activity seemed to come in waves. That just my imagination, or was there a sort of pattern to Hikimasu's activity?
He wasn't the type, but there were sure some scenes i wish i had it, like when i learned Yuzu was marrying Minae on d11 or 12.

As far as activity goes, i more or less took weekends off, or only posted for half a day on most. I enjoy these games but i think I've stopped letting them dictate my IRL schedule. :lol:
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description