I am a Rock, I am an Island (Kuni Yasu Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kuni Yasu

Re: I am a Rock, I am an Island (Kuni Yasu Q&A)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:41 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:15 am
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?

If you could have one scene with your future spouse post game, what would it be?
I liked the various scoring modes, playing with opportunities and so on, as well as the ABC. I'm not sure it actually makes the scoring any 'better' but it feels a bit less futile to at least snag a point per event. I think there's work to do there, but I liked seeing it in motion.

Something to change..hmm, Void recovery is a bit ehh, but it's also not as nice to use as in 4e so possibly not that important.

Hmmm. Lots of interesting scenes. I think I'd be interested in subjecting him to the research conference slash crazy family reunion vibes of the winter solstice gathering.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Hey Yasu! We had precious few scenes, but they have been fun as always :)

I guess just one (very late) question - Yasu mentioned the Yam bonsai there but I dropped the ball before answering that. We did talk a bit OOC about it, but what did Yasu actually think of it? XD

And what did she think of the whole Miai thing, in the end? Has it changed her perception of the Deer, or the Minor Clans in general?
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm
Hey Yasu! We had precious few scenes, but they have been fun as always :)

I guess just one (very late) question - Yasu mentioned the Yam bonsai there but I dropped the ball before answering that. We did talk a bit OOC about it, but what did Yasu actually think of it? XD

And what did she think of the whole Miai thing, in the end? Has it changed her perception of the Deer, or the Minor Clans in general?
Yasu was a bit confused by a yam bonsai, just because she thinks of bonsai as tiny trees and yams as....not-trees. So she was kind of curious how that all worked. So no *strong* opinions.

As to the miai...well she's pleased with her outcome, but has no idea what the Deer were really doing or anything. Thanks to Conspiracies triggering, she's still pretty suspicious of Pei Pei. XD

Her perception of the Deer is kind of...nice hosts, but really kind of invisible given all the nonsense their guests were getting up to. (I know that's largely due to a 1 GM game.) As to the Minor Clans, she's taking an Otter home, so there's a reasonably positive association there. XD She's definitely feeling like she knows a bit more about a number of minor clans now.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description