I am a Rock, I am an Island (Kuni Yasu Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kuni Yasu

I am a Rock, I am an Island (Kuni Yasu Q&A)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

As usual, I had a blip of fairly active time, surrounded by swaths of not enough hours in the day/bandwidth in my brain.

Not sure I'll reprise Yasu. It very much depends on the game. But ask away.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Re: I am a Rock, I am an Island (Kuni Yasu Q&A)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Not a question but you were an absolute treasure to write with <3
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 pm

:cry: *reaches for Yasu*

Next time. Next time... :D
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Thank you for your work in saving Kheree.

What was your biggest surprise this game as a character and a player?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Very much enjoyed reading your character, Yasu. Thank you!
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 pm

STOCK QUESTIONS INBOUND!

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:19 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:50 pm
Not a question but you were an absolute treasure to write with <3
<3 Same! Yasu is a bit too 'take it at face value' to really poke Narumi's secrets but I enjoyed being Crabby in their direction and all our interactions.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 pm
:cry: *reaches for Yasu*

Next time. Next time... :D
XD Murato is my lesson in the good and painful things that come from characters (and their players) having an impulsive moment. Thank you for all of the things that swirled off of that. Also for chatting on my timezone that intersects poorly with so much of the playerbase.

There were a number of moments where I was like...if I'm being honest, the Crab are better off pulling Mura in and that's who the Deer *should* pair her with.
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm
Thank you for your work in saving Kheree.

What was your biggest surprise this game as a character and a player?
It was nice getting a small chance to properly Kuni. XD

Biggest character surprise was that scene with Mura and how the hell food can be that intense. As a player? hmmm. I've been doing these long enough that there are not a lot of *big* surprises. I was a little surprised that Agendas...which felt kind of neat when looking them over pregame, worked so weirdly in practice. Utterly disposable for someone with my time/energy constraints and kind of oddly shoehorned in the rest of the time.

Next batch in another post...
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:27 am

Is she satisfied Bo isn't an oni in disguise yet?
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:33 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Very much enjoyed reading your character, Yasu. Thank you!
Same! Was good seeing you branching out from Crane too. Thanks for grabbing me for the mystical shenanigans that fed into the Kheree thing noted above (and never did finish truly hunting down the rain yokai, though Mura and Yasu heard a bit more about it from Bai later in the night).
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 pm
STOCK QUESTIONS INBOUND!

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

See above. Also "huh, Kuni don't have any spells that do damage unless aimed at tainted things."
Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?
I mean, as usual, more time to chase things down. Like where did Kheree's gaki come from? How far into the floor would that playwright go with one thump on the head?
Favorite scene?
I really find myself enjoying the getting to know you scenes that get a bit intense. So both the bath scene with Tanabe, where he happened to hit just the right question to let me finish thinking through how a background element was actually working in her head, and the initial one with Mura where I had to think of things like...what would be a special treat out in the Kuni Wastes?
Asahina Bo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:27 am

Is she satisfied Bo isn't an oni in disguise yet?
:lol: :lol: I mean, while she knows there are oni powerful enough to evade freaking about jade, it did seem unlikely one would be here, so yes. Narumi's breathlessness was a fun way to fit in some Kuni paranoia, so thanks for playing along with it. ^^

Bo was a treat to watch. I have questions, but I'll see if they've already shown up in your thread as I slowly work through things.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:15 am

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?

If you could have one scene with your future spouse post game, what would it be?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind