Ups & Downs - Kitsuki Edogawa

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kitsuki Edogawa

Ups & Downs - Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:39 am

Ask what you will.
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Shiba Raizo

Re: Ups & Downs - Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?
I can't say there were many surprises, as I need got into any plotlines. However, I was prepared to drop out of the game early on, because I felt so lost. I hat not finishing a game and stuck it out. I still feel a bit lost, but I enjoyed it overall and am glad I stuck around.
Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?
There were a few moments with the dice, as the strategy involved in determining which mechanics apply and which dice to keep are still complex to me. But mostly, I wish I had done the character differently. I should have made him much earlier and taken more time to figure out what everything meant. I like Edogawa as he is now, but I would definitely build him differently if I could.
Favorite scene?
The Day 13 Murata and Soyokaze threads. Between the two scenes, I finally figured out a few things about Edogawa. I also found it amusing that he was speaking with each of them about their choice of Oubaihime, who was also his choice.
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Everyone likes the plain girl who falls over and takes really good pensive and sad photos. :lol:

Y'all need to stop lusting after Raizo and my adopted little sister.

Glad i finally got scenes with Edogawa. Honestly it was on a whim for me and i didn't regret it.

Was he joining the Scorpion or taking one of my cousins home?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan β€’ Bushi β€’ Soldier β€’ Dead Fish Eyes β€’ Friend of YΕ«daina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:11 pm

There wasn't really any lust. As you pointed out, they just seemed compatible.

I'm glad we got the scenes. Hikimasu is fun and I generally enjoy Scorpion/Kitsuki dynamics, which should make the marriage interesting.

She's marrying into the Kitsuki. In my head, she's been here the whole time, just watching from the shadows.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:46 pm

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Saibankan wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:46 pm
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?
I liked the scoring system. I also liked that there weren't multiple events a day, for the most part.
Saibankan wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:46 pm
What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
I liked the idea of making the character through Twenty Questions as it emphasized roleplay, but I didn't really understand what I was picking or how it related to gameplay. It feels like a method that works better for tabletop, as a collaborative effort between GM and Player, especially for those of us unfamiliar with the system. A character creation guide that explains what the mechanical impacts of each choice would be, could be helpful.

There seems to be a general vagueness to the system. Most of that is simply my unfamiliarity. But again, it feels like there's meant to be dialog between player and GM about the skill, approach and other applicable mechanics. That is great from a roleplaying perspective in a small game, but it feels somewhat impractical in PbP.