Narumi Q+A

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Matsu Ishioka

Re: Narumi Q+A

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:20 pm

So if her blackmail hadn't triggered, and she hadn't ended up with one of her big lover boys, what would Narumi have thought/been doing going forward?

Also, huge thanks for the great scenes with Ishi. We had lots of stress thanks to them but it was also great fun for me and I hope for you as well.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:20 pm
So if her blackmail hadn't triggered, and she hadn't ended up with one of her big lover boys, what would Narumi have thought/been doing going forward?

Also, huge thanks for the great scenes with Ishi. We had lots of stress thanks to them but it was also great fun for me and I hope for you as well.
Honestly? Tpo Murato and i actually toyed with the idea of steering our characters together before the game started but nothing ending up coming from that.

She might've pursued Yoshi if tpo had been more active. There wasn't a character more wrong for Narumi at first glance, and that was exactly the appeal. Yoshi was everything she thought she wanted to be, and everything she was on the path to becoming before she was unceremoniously shipped off to the miai to be "saved" from that fate. So!, serious envy met with intense attraction plus he was completely game to skulk around and stick their noses where they didn't belong, to wheel and deal and fence and swindle? Heck yeah. The friendly and reserved matchmaker mask she wore day-to-day had no chance against him. Why be that when she could slide into her clan's less-savoury tendencies, without having to pretend anything? Especially when she spent so much of the miai pretending to be a better samurai than she actually was. It was exhausting! Yoshi brought out the side of character I wanted to play, the character I'd written her up to be... that really didn't fit in the setting and overall I couldn't figure out how to make work. Which kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

Honestly with the significant honour hit she took during the game, her criminal side would've probably won out and she'd have leaned more heavily on that route post game, but that idea also relied on who she ended up with. She genuinely wanted to become a better person for both Bo and Ishioka and turn into the person she was pretending to be, for either of them. I can't say for sure if that would've been true with a different final suitor or not.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:08 am

Oh. And if he'd pursed her she would've been ALL OVER Raizo like melted butter but I'm really glad he didn't because their friendship was a fucking riot.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:53 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:08 am
Oh. And if he'd pursed her she would've been ALL OVER Raizo like melted butter but I'm really glad he didn't because their friendship was a fucking riot.
:D

As I noted in my thread, I read Narumi's intro and was like, "well, NATURALLY he's going after her," and then the character refused, leading to a friendship I SERIOUSLY enjoyed getting to write half of.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe