Let's see (Moshu Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: Let's see (Moshu Q&A)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm

I admit, i assumed you were up to something in our threads, so Hiki never gave him a fair shake.

The edginess was elevated, was that his MO or did i read it wrong?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm
I admit, i assumed you were up to something in our threads, so Hiki never gave him a fair shake.

The edginess was elevated, was that his MO or did i read it wrong?
The Crow thing was more him riding the sumo high, but otherwise Moshu played it entirely straight with you.

His hatred of the Crane just runs that deep.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:41 am

Oooh - good questions, both.

I'll cover more when I write my final feedback in the PF, but in my opinion;
Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?
One thing I think was a homerun in this game was the agenda system. It was an opt-in, variable commitment secondary goal which allowed players to not only pick their own motivations as much as they wished, but also to team up and work towards a common goal, if so desired. It gave players who wanted to aspire to more than just getting married something to sink their teeth into if they missed the main plot or one of the side ones.
One thing I might suggest is keeping agendas with 0 contribution in a different category than the considered thirds for what agendas succeed,
And probably also reject ones which affect marriage choices, including NPC ones.
Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am
What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
One thing I wish I caught onto early to protest was the fact that the final player awards went directly to the main competition.

I'm a firm believer of not breaking the barrier between IC and OOC when it doesn't pertain to the safety and enjoyment of the game. For example, in universe, how would the winner of say, best memorable moment be awarded? The fact that it also went towards the main competition, in my opinion, puts a bit of a damper on the competitions themselves.

I feel a better way to encourage voting and participation, if you must breach the fourth wall, would be a kind of in-universe awards that aren't directly linked to the main story, either as future boons or as part of an award show of some kind put on by the Nadako. Best art, for example, could go to 'best artisinal muse' and could be rewarded with a high quality paintbrush, whereas funniest moment could be, well, funniest moment, and rewarded with a comedy pillowbook only found in Deer Lands. Small trinkets could be fun to earn, without giving the whole "we've been robbed!" Some could feel from the miai being determined by outside factors.

Now there is the problem of "well how do you encourage commitment if someone isn't getting who they want", which I imagine is a common problem across miais, and one I don't know I can have a solution for yet.
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:41 am
Now there is the problem of "well how do you encourage commitment if someone isn't getting who they want", which I imagine is a common problem across miais, and one I don't know I can have a solution for yet.
This is why I actually liked them (even if, in our case, some of the rich got richer), because it meant even someone who was lawn-darting pretty badly could hold out a little hope for a desired match.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm
This is why I actually liked them (even if, in our case, some of the rich got richer), because it meant even someone who was lawn-darting pretty badly could hold out a little hope for a desired match.
I believe there are better, more IC ways of accomplishing that goal.

Oh, and final feedback is done and in PF.
PM if thread desired