Eye See You (Murato Q & A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kitsu Murato

Eye See You (Murato Q & A)

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am

He's got Lion eyes.

Should I do some more puns?
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Re: Eye See You (Murato Q & A)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:46 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:46 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?
Learning that I can't crit someone in earth stance. :P
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?
Not much on that. Though there was the early "Damn, I wish that had gone differently," with Yasu. I guess maybe not being interested in folks that also had someone else with such intense interest? Made the game more dramatic but definitely put it in hard mode comparatively.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Favorite scene?
So, there was the whole two scenes thing where he went from having his heart broken with Yasu that flowed into the scene where Bai helped him calm down. It was a moment of despair type thing was a lot of fun playing out that emotional turmoil over both of those scenes.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:10 am

*hugs* Somewhat sorry for the early heartbreak. ^^ Though the early game drama there did make for some good scenes, as you noted.

Will Mura be free to come to this year's winter solstice gathering? Or too busy wedding planning and they'll need to invite him to the following one?

Loved the way you incorporated Bard into the character. What steered you toward 'bureaucrat who occasionally hunts monsters?'
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:08 am

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:41 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:10 am
*hugs* Somewhat sorry for the early heartbreak. ^^ Though the early game drama there did make for some good scenes, as you noted.

Will Mura be free to come to this year's winter solstice gathering? Or too busy wedding planning and they'll need to invite him to the following one?

Loved the way you incorporated Bard into the character. What steered you toward 'bureaucrat who occasionally hunts monsters?'
I am not sure if it would be possible for this first year. He's going to probably be just about joined at Bai's hip. But he will come to the next one assuming the world is not on fire.

As 90% of my characters, I threw it together with very little thought at zero hour. I got blessed lineage, defined my father as an otomo, picked up the government skill from him, and fluffed him as encouraging following in his footsteps as a bureaucrat.

Then completely separately i chose sixth sense, and kitsu and fluffed up the eyes that work wrong. being a lion, having martial skills was never going to be a question. mad him very spititually sensitive and a little bit fight-y. Put them together for a peanut butter banana sandwich.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:44 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:08 am
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?
For the most part I liked many of the events and their flexibility in choice, because that's what this system is supposed to be like. Focusing on specific skills while having the ring be fluid in many events was good. In particular I liked the debate event where choosing different rings changed TNs and would have preferred that to be more prevalent in the other events. allow the use of different rings without being tied to any one specific one, but increase TNs for rings that aren't favored.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:48 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:08 am
What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
a more traditional character goal type setup or some sort of agenda point or influence type system for that? rather than specific goals that are tracked individually. it's a great idea, but it was also a second layer of both competition and point tracking that made things harder to keep track of.