Definitely not a criminal (Yoshi Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kasuga Yoshi

Definitely not a criminal (Yoshi Q&A)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 am

Ask away! I am still working a few things out for postgame, but Yoshi was interesting to play. I am sorry that my energy and attention waned as time went on, but I would try him again in the future.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shiba Raizo

Re: Definitely not a criminal (Yoshi Q&A)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:38 am

Feels weird form lettering this stuff, but I find these three usually cover most of the questions I have :P

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am

Not a question but thanks so much for at least starting to plot to stir shit with Narumi! If you'd stuck around it would've been a very different game for me, so idk whether to be sad or thank you! Lol
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 am

Favorite scene, I honestly think it might have been flirting with Koi on Day 1. I had some other good moments but they instantly had chemistry.

In terms of things done differently, I am going to say all of the dueling challenge. :mrgreen: First off, I wound up facing probably the worst opponent for Yoshi, since my initial plan to was try to wait out opponents, but Tanabe had both more Strife and Fatigue than Yoshi did. Plus, I didn't understand dueling as well as I thought I did. I thought that once a stance was predicted, the next time your opponent went into it they had to change and gained strife. However, that applies to the immediate next stance, meaning that when it didn't go my way, Yoshi's only chance was to turn and strike that turn.

I need to look at dueling a lot closer, as I plan for my next character to be one.

Surpise: I would say Yoshi getting kicked out of the geisha house for using it as a love hotel. :lol:
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:49 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am
Not a question but thanks so much for at least starting to plot to stir shit with Narumi! If you'd stuck around it would've been a very different game for me, so idk whether to be sad or thank you! Lol
Yeah, I think if we had found some more crime things to do, we would have been all over that, but all I saw was high drama. I don't think we ever got an in on that angle, and then my own personal life caused my attention to drift.

Thanks for getting kicked out of a geisha house with Yoshi!

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Yuzu and Yoshi have much screen time, but I have this feeling it would have been a fun antithesis to see them pursuing goals together.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:50 am

Ready for Raizo to be your new best friend? :lol:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe