On the road again (Moto Mitsuki's Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Moto Mitsuki

On the road again (Moto Mitsuki's Q&A)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:41 am

It's over isn't it?

... Honestly, close to two months of having the game running in the background of my mind, between the last rush for Sakkaku, character sheet, pre-game, and actual game, has left me completely exhausted, so I'll welcome a break with glee.

But I should still have enough energy left for a few question, so fire away.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Re: On the road again (Moto Mitsuki's Q&A)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:42 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:06 am

Really do regret dropping the ball on not spending time with Mitsuki. I feel like I put a lot of unneccessary pressure on myself rushing into a lot of high post count things rather than having more scenes with folks that were taking it easier. Would have enjoyed more Mitsuki time.

Also... I think Murato would have been far more inclined to seek out private meetings with her if she had invited him to the shrine thread alone to thank the spirit for their safe travel together. Having several people there I think made me feel like she was less interested.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:33 am

Just here to say, huge thank you for all of your hard work on Sakkaku.

Without it, the game would have been a nightmare.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:04 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:42 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?
Sakkaku didn't crash.

Joke aside, the numbers of Lion characters turning around Mitsuki. Especially when the Unicorn and the Lion are at war for wedding-related reasons.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?
As usual, more OOC communications on some issues, notably Mitsuki's clashes with Ishioka, Yuzu, and the people around them.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Favorite scene?
Asking me to pick a favorite something will always have my brain overthink things until it ends with a blue screen of death, as I'm trying to find objective arguments for a subjective statement.

So, cheating with my answer here: I think Mitsuki had very good chemistry with Senseki, not necessarily of a romantic nature, that made scenes flow well.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:06 am
Really do regret dropping the ball on not spending time with Mitsuki. I feel like I put a lot of unneccessary pressure on myself rushing into a lot of high post count things rather than having more scenes with folks that were taking it easier. Would have enjoyed more Mitsuki time.

Also... I think Murato would have been far more inclined to seek out private meetings with her if she had invited him to the shrine thread alone to thank the spirit for their safe travel together. Having several people there I think made me feel like she was less interested.
I won't put a label on her, but I tried to play Mitsuki as someone who was fundamentally uninterested in romance. That did put a barrier between her and people who she was certain not to marry (so about all Lion and Phoenix).

Also, I definitely haven't managed to find my own ideal balance between focusing on a few players and plots and encountering more people and hooks as a "middle-weight" poster myself.
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:04 pm
I won't put a label on her, but I tried to play Mitsuki as someone who was fundamentally uninterested in romance. That did put a barrier between her and people who she was certain not to marry (so about all Lion and Phoenix).
Weirdly, that made her easier for Raizo to talk to- I actually really enjoyed their conversations, because they weren't best buds, but they weren't hostile, either.

Did you have as hard a time as I did coming up with justifications for indulging a Travel passion when stuck in the same place for two in-game weeks? :lol:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:14 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 pm
Did you have as hard a time as I did coming up with justifications for indulging a Travel passion when stuck in the same place for two in-game weeks? :lol:
Not so much, as the advantage of playing as close of a foreigner are legally allowed by the creation rules made it so things that were common of Rokugan could be source of wonder for her. For example, I had heal strife when looking at a shishi-odoshi.

However, two of her (dis)advantages were very much irrelevant, both mechanically and in term of fluff. I was to reprise her, I would definitely ask to switch her Famously Successful (Fire) for Seasoned (Void), and Omen of Bad Luck (Water) for Fear of Stagnation (Earth), to fit better the character she ended up being.

(the Gaijin Advertisy has surprisingly little impact mechanically, but it's sine qua non fluff-wise)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Thanks for playing and for all the work on sakkaku. Like Moshu said, i don't think this would have happened without you.

I liked Mitsuki and definitely felt her disinterest in romance, but unfortunately Hiki expects that disinterest from all women. :lol:

Again i just wanted to say thank you.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?
Dealing with the many shenanigans of the PCs.
Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 am
What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
The rules of each event could have used to be more detailed instead of relying so much on questions in the appropriate thread, or, worst, on Discord. Making explicit what opportunities could be used for, taking into account advantages and disadvantages, reminding of the side rules directly in the event itself (like "you can bet up to X glory by specifying it in your first roll's description on Sakkaku; if you do..."), etc.