Don’t Touch Me! (Seppun Yuzu Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Seppun Yuzu

Don’t Touch Me! (Seppun Yuzu Q&A)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:50 am

Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shiba Raizo

Re: Don’t Touch Me! (Seppun Yuzu Q&A)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:51 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 am

What WAS your marriage list?
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:19 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:51 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Biggest surprise would be Yuzu actually winning the last few competitions. Since I was playing Delusions of Grandeur to the core, I was betting 3 Glory every trial. That actually made Yuzu go down a full description as unworthy samurai. Then, the last days — AFTER THE ECLIPSE — Yuzu made it all.

Biggest damn, I could have done different moment was with one of the rolls that I forgot it had momentum included.

I guess my favorite scene was the first one with Koi. And the subsequent bath scenes. A good place to set villainous plans unfolded.
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 am
What WAS your marriage list?
Initial list:
[11] Usogawa Emiko (Minor Clan +1, Status +1, Pretty +2, D0 +3, D2 +4) {2}
[10] Kakita Reina (Crane +2, Status +2, Goal -1, D2 +6) {1}
[8] Kuni Yasu (Heritage +1, Large +1, Shugenja +2, D2 +4) {1}
[8] Bayushi Minae (Pretty +2, D0 +2, D1 +4) {2}
[7] Kaikoga Koi (Minor Clan +1, Pretty +2, +1 D0, D2 +3 ) {2}
[7] Kaito Oubaihime (Monk -1, D0 +1, D1 +2, D3 +5) {4}
[5] Nekoma Jae (Minor Clan +1, Gaijin Name -2, Courtier +3, D2 +3) {1}
[5] Kakita Sakura (Crane +2, Blind -1, D1 +1, D2 +3) {2}
[4] Moshi Shizuka (Minor Clan +1, Shugenja +2, D1 +1) {1}
[3] Mirumoto Haruhi (Dragon +1, Goal +2)
[2] Kaikoga Fujiko (D2 +2) {1}
[2] Usogawa Narumi (Minor Clan +1, Courtier +1)
[2] Hida Daichi (Large +1, Status +1)
[2] Shiba Tomoe (+2 Friendly)
[2] Utaku Kheree (Gaijin Name -2, Smart +1, Pretty +2, D1 +1)
[1] Bayushi Luixian (Gaijin Name -2, Status +1, Heritage +1, Large +1)
[1] Aimi (Status -2, Shugenja +2, +1 D0)
[0] Agasha Inoshishi (Dragon +1, Emaciated -1)
[0] Moto Mitsuki
[-1] Moto Bayarmaa (Gaijin Name -2, Pretty +2, Goal -1)
But the game was too fast for me to keep up with the point system. So in the end, this happened:
Dear Haha-sama and Honorable Shika Pei-Pei-sama.

I am thankful for all the opportunities you've given me. I took the freedom to forego the pointing system for my final decision. I had hopes that, by signalizing points to each one of the names would make the analysis much more consistent and fair. The fact is, marriage isn't consistent, or fair. It is about respect and temperance. Love, too, if one manages to balance the first two. So, I would like to provide my final list in hopes they are valid for the insights you have for the future of my service to the Empire, and that of my future spouse.

1 <--- Usogawa Emiko (OOC: Favoring PCs)
2 <--- Kaikoga Koi (OOC: Favoring PCs)
3 <--- [NAME ERASED WITH INK]
4 <--- Bayushi Minae
5 <--- Utaku Kheree
6 <--- Moshi Shizuka
7 <--- Moto Mitsuki
8 <--- Kaito Oubaihime

In respect to station and, specially, to the short moments we shared, I would be so bold as to add a name which I owe a special place:

0 <--- Kakita Reina, the Topaz Champion

I would be blessed if any of these maidens are indeed what the Shika considers as a match to me.

Honorably yours,
Seppun Yuzu
Governor of Chisei
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:03 am

*wonders if we can recover and be friends again*

Murato has been totally upset over the duel ever since he learned of it and the reason for it. He's super unhappy with his cousin for issuing a challenge over something that should have been a stern talking to.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:42 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:03 am

Murato has been totally upset over the duel ever since he learned of it and the reason for it. He's super unhappy with his cousin for issuing a challenge over something that should have been a stern talking to.
I am unsure if the CODE will allow Yuzu to revise what he said to Murato without a great deal of pain, or an apology.

There was a stern talk, actually. So, if some still think the duel was over Oubaihime, I would like to point out, once more, it wasn't the main issue. There's a small part of it, since Yuzu respects Bai. Yet, for the most part, was Yuzu being angry and frustrated with the lack of propriety –– from many –– while courting going on around Kyuden Shika, and the fact that he was losing Glory in the initial trials.

As much as players might dislike the character, or disagree and put in the miai setting into perspective as an argument for wavering much of the strictness of bushido and romancing in Rokugan, I reinforce: it is not the player being mean, it was just a player roleplaying a stuck up bushido follower with delusions of grandeur along the intention to add drama and fun.
DescriptionTheme

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:48 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:42 am
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:03 am

I am unsure if the CODE will allow Yuzu to revise what he said to Murato without a great deal of pain, or an apology.

There was a stern talk, actually. So, if some still think the duel was over Oubaihime, I would like to point out, once more, it wasn't the main issue. There's a small part of it, since Yuzu respects Bai. Yet, for the most part, was Yuzu being angry and frustrated with the lack of propriety –– from many –– while courting going on around Kyuden Shika, and the fact that he was losing Glory in the initial trials.

As much as players might dislike the character, or disagree and put in the miai setting into perspective as an argument for wavering much of the strictness of bushido and romancing in Rokugan, I reinforce: it is not the player being mean, it was just a player roleplaying a stuck up bushido follower with delusions of grandeur with the intention to add drama and fun.
I get that it was over propriety. But Murato still thinks that a duel over that from Yuzu was completely uncalled for. Since it is a Deer miai and they took no exception.

To him it felt like walking into someone else's hose and slapping their guest for breaking the hosts stuff. Not his place and just as disrespectful to the host as the supposed offending behavior.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:49 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:48 am
To him it felt like walking into someone else's hose and slapping their guest for breaking the hosts stuff. Not his place and just as disrespectful to the host as the supposed offending behavior.
That was also Raizo's view, for the record... which was why he spun the rumor he did.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:53 am

To be honest. It actually felt like OOC displeasure turned into IC actions and points of view. But, I respect the different points of view.
DescriptionTheme

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:59 am

Totally not OOC, lots of IC vitriol though. Murato got in trouble with Bai over a duel he had nothing to do with. So he was completely IC angry :lol: