Flowing Down the River (Susaki Tanabe Q&A)

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Susaki Tanabe

Flowing Down the River (Susaki Tanabe Q&A)

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am

Tanabe doesn't have any secrets, if there's something you want to know ask away!
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Shiba Raizo

Re: Flowing Down the River (Susaki Tanabe Q&A)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:40 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:00 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am
Tanabe doesn't have any secrets, if there's something you want to know ask away!
Too many of our threads petered. I liked hanging with Tanabe.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:00 am
Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am
Too many of our threads petered. I liked hanging with Tanabe.
Yeah :( I had that problem a lot towards the mid/end game my bad. I also enjoyed Murato they had good foundations for a nice complicated friendship.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:40 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Yasu was the biggest surprise the game threw me hands down. Browsing profiles pre game start she wasn't even an option that tripped my sensors but D0 happened, they just sort of clicked immediately and rest is history.

There are no moments in particular I wish I had played differently or build decisions I regret. I think my biggest regret was letting threads fall through the cracks. It's something I struggle with and hate doing.

Favorite scene.....I really like the swimming one with Tanabe and Yasu and their scene at the temple. As far as threads I wasn't in I often found inoshishi to be a wonderful font of entertainment.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:40 pm

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?

If you had one scene post game with Yasu, what would you want it to show?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:58 am

*hugs* Thanks for being that D0 surprise. Given background elements, his innate font of cheer just clicked so well with her. I/Yasu was worried that he wouldn't or couldn't really grasp what it would mean to be a Crab past the sparkly veil of love. But bit by bit he settled the question well enough.

What's going to be the hardest thing for him transitioning to life as a Kuni? Because love and happiness aside, there's also work and struggle with any pairing or transition, and into the Crab just guarantees some extra flavors of that.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description