If It Weren't For Bad Luck, I Wouldn't Have Any Luck At All- Raizo Q and A

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Shiba Raizo

Re: If It Weren't For Bad Luck, I Wouldn't Have Any Luck At All- Raizo Q and A

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 pm
Not a question, but Raizo and Narumi being gossiping bitches together with zero sexual tension was truly the best highlight of the game for me. So thank you for that!
Amusingly, I looked over Narumi's intro, and was like, "damn, she'd be PERFECT for him! I bet he spends the game chasing after her..."

And then they met. :lol: Loved it. In some ways, it's one of the healthier IC relationships I saw develop in this game.

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:21 pm
I got to say I also enjoyed Raizo's stories about his little squadron bothering Bai.
A bunch of whiny, smelly soldiers should be part of any medic's backstory in Rokugan! :mrgreen:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:35 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 pm
Not a question, but Raizo and Narumi being gossiping bitches together with zero sexual tension was truly the best highlight of the game for me. So thank you for that!
Amusingly, I looked over Narumi's intro, and was like, "damn, she'd be PERFECT for him! I bet he spends the game chasing after her..."

And then they met. :lol: Loved it. In some ways, it's one of the healthier IC relationships I saw develop in this game.
:lol: and that's why he was her #4, my love!!! <3
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Current Epilogue-

"Oi! Tessho! You got mail!"

"What? What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Seriously. Looks like it's from down south somewhere..."

The old ronin shook his head, and then accepted the paper. The seal was plain, and the paper was nothing fancy, so he opened it with no expectation. He blinked at the familiar handwriting.

Dumb kid's calligraphy is worse than mine.
By the time you read this, Shiba Raizo no longer exists. He met his end in Kyuden Shika, and with him, the line that has served the Phoenix since the time of the Kami has come to an end. It might be blasphemous to say this, but it's no great loss.

There's a guy who looks a lot like him running around, though. Just goes by 'Raizo.' He's looking at marrying a Tortoise woman, and moving up in the world. When that happens, he'd like his father to be there. Some old ronin called Tessho. So you might want to head south. A warmer climate would be good for your old bones anyhow.
Tessho let his breath hiss through his teeth.

What the hell happened down there?

There was only one way to find out.

Tessho, who had once been called Shinjo Gairen, got his gear together and headed south.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Well I am glad we worked something out!
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:19 pm

OOC I was down for whatever- but I gotta say, this makes for a more interesting character choice.

And it actually nicely juxtaposes with the fact that Raizo's family history has been a boring "play it safe" story for centuries. So much for that!
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Don't forget to write, ya hear?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Narumi will keep a room on her izakaya for him :D
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Our Rokugan: where Lion samurai encourage people to go ronin for love, and everyone wants the guy who gave up his fealty for personal reasons to stay in touch :lol:
Remember to Breathe

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:21 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pm
Our Rokugan: where Lion samurai encourage people to go ronin for love of a geisha, and everyone wants the guy who gave up his fealty for personal reasons to stay in touch :lol:
Fixed that for ya :P

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:21 am
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Well, I have Ye Olde Feedbacke Threade, but to distill down to just answering these two questions-

Handled Really Well: I could do a cop-out and do my usual, "your NPCs are always responsive, when do you sleep?" but that's been the case with every game you've ever GMed that I've been party to, and at this stage (how long have we been gaming together, Despair Bear? Feels like we're coming up on a decade since Shossuro Nao bamboozled Isawa Taisho), and I want to focus on something from THIS game in particular...

I'm going to say that I thing I loved (and that Raizo hated right up until he got proven right) was the relatively opaque "scoring." I loved that no matter how far ahead a given player got in the events, there were no guarantees. Not really. And I loved that the special awards were meaty enough to potentially generate a serious swing in the home stretch.

Room For Improvement: Gonna quote the ol' feedback thread directly- "The sandbox nature of the game was somewhat hampered by the lack of, well, a big enough sandbox. Everything felt cooped up and confined. It also made certain Passions and Anxieties hard to shoehorn."
Remember to Breathe