Asahina Soyokaze's Q&A

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Asahina Soyokaze

Asahina Soyokaze's Q&A

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:21 am

Fire away!
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Saibankan

Re: Asahina Soyokaze's Q&A

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:25 am

I'm actually curious where you draw the inspiration for your art from.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 am

Kintsugi is an actual Japanese art form. I don't remember when I first learned about it but I always loved it's message of making broken things stronger, it really resonates with me personally and Soyokaze was just an exaggerated version of myself so it seemed fitting for him.

KINTSUGI AND THE ART OF REPAIR
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:03 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 am
Biggest surprise the game threw you?

It's just how friendly everyone here is. As a first timer I figured it would be an uphill battle since everyone else already knew each other. I kept referring to this game as a high school or a summer camp because in a lot of way it was and I was the new transfer student, I expected to struggle to break into a clique and there was some of that and I considered quitting on day 4 but I am SOOOOOO glad I didn't.
Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

This is a tie. First off I want to change almost all my advantages and disadvantages. I honestly didn't have the time to learn 5E before the game started and i picked everything based on their names and what I knew of them from previous editions. Because of this they ended up not working the way I wanted them to and thus were mostly irrelevant.

Second I would not have skipped 2 events and unmasked 3 times, all of which I did for roleplaying purposes. I am very competitive so losing 5-9 points really really hurt me in the final standings. Truth be told I didn't know coming into the game that it was a competition and I didn't even know what the points really meant till day 9. It was all true to the character though so it's just a lesson learned.

Favorite scene?
Oof, that's a tough one. I am kind of proud of the righting I did in the scene where I gave Bai her mirror and her response was great.

Many of my scenes with you were great, for all your talk of Raizo being shady and all that Soyokaze never got that from you. Weary and disgruntled yes but not nearly as bad as you say he is. :)

My first scene with Koi really stands out as well, she let me vent my characters whole backstory at her and didn't flinch.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:03 am
Many of my scenes with you were great, for all your talk of Raizo being shady and all that Soyokaze never got that from you. Weary and disgruntled yes but not nearly as bad as you say he is. :)
Well, I mean, he DID suggest breaking into an Imperial's room to fuck with him, and would probably have tried to murder literally anyone Aimi pointed him at, and almost anyone Soyokaze, Narumi, or Koi pointed him at.

Having friends who are basically nice people and the constraints of the miai kind of limited what he was able to do.

And actually, there's still time for some bastardry on Day 14...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am

I am glad you didn't quit because my days would have been boring without you.

THANK YOU!

How many things did Soyokaze forged in this game?
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 am

Good game. I enjoyed the dynamic between us. From the early "Wait... are you even my rival? Who even are you?" To the near ending comforting hug.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:17 pm

I feel like i don't need to ask anything because of how much we've talked about this game. :lol:

But...what would Soyokaze have done if another chatacter had shown serious emotional interest in him, like the kind he.showed Bai? Would he have ignored it and thought they were confused to feel that way, or would he actually have considered someone else on that same super angsty teen level?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am
I am glad you didn't quit because my days would have been boring without you.

THANK YOU!

How many things did Soyokaze forged in this game?
He made 12 things and repaired 3.
Description