Asahina Soyokaze's Q&A

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: Asahina Soyokaze's Q&A

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:17 pm
I feel like i don't need to ask anything because of how much we've talked about this game. :lol:

But...what would Soyokaze have done if another chatacter had shown serious emotional interest in him, like the kind he.showed Bai? Would he have ignored it and thought they were confused to feel that way, or would he actually have considered someone else on that same super angsty teen level?
Honestly I have no idea, it really would have depended on when it happened. His first reaction would have been to assume that they just wanted him for his skills.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:35 pm

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:11 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:35 pm
What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?
Well again as a new player my answers to this will probably be amateurish but I really liked the length of a day and the overall length of the game. I am really bummed it is over now. Mechanically I like the idea of Strife and opportunity even if I don't understand how to fully engage with them. I made a character who had really low Conviction and while it made for some very interesting roleplaying challenges. I like being able to choose your approach on things.
What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Most of my thoughts are regarding crafting because outside roleplaying that is what I interreacted with the most. I don't know if this "needs to be changed" but crafting is one of the only times where you don't get to pick your approach and that means character builds for crafters are going to be pigeon-holed. The things you can use Opportunity on when crafting should be looked at, most of the time being able to craft two of something with 1 Fire opportunity just doesn't make sense.

I have a lot of thoughts about Opportunity, it's at the same time a freeform system allowing for player creativity and it has hard and fast rules with it and that is very confusing overall. I've just spent a month and a half playing with it and I still don't understand what I can and can't do with opportunity besides show off.

On a side note to GM's, the biggest difficulty for me wasn't learning the 5E rules on the fly, new system or not it is still L5R. The real difficulty was not knowing how PBP games work and a new player document would really help any other new players coming into the future. This isn't a knock against you personally Sai, just an observation for future games that anyone runs.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:38 pm

Loved our dynamic, by the way!
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired