Kitsuki Hajime q&a

Here's where you can post questions to each other about the game, life, and everything after.
Kitsuki Hajime

Kitsuki Hajime q&a

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 am

Questions asked, questions answered.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Saibankan

Re: Kitsuki Hajime q&a

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:19 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 am
Questions asked, questions answered.
So, how did you find the mon of the Dragon across your heart for a change?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:42 am

So far in my quest to give the other clans a shot (I was kinda defined by the Crane clan for a while, for those of you who are new or didn't recognize me) I've played Crab, Unicorn (briefly, must do again), Scorpion, and now Dragon. Hajime felt for me the closest to playing a generic, real-life samurai. There were no tropes that needed to be played through, no boxes that needed to be ticked. I think part of that was because Hajime was explicitly a practical Kitsuki and not spiritually inclined, which is the Dragon "thing" if there is one. The other part of that was that I tried to squelch any urge I had to overstate an element of his character. Because my first intention was to just queen out, but I've done that so many times that it gets to be a rut.

So it was an interesting experiment, and I liked the low-key aspect of him, like a caged butterfly on the inside and more-or-less stoic on the out, but I don't think he really caught the public imagination. Will probably try Dragon again, non-Kitsuki. See what I can do with the religious angles without exactly reprising Doji Kenshin. Need new stories. Need less cliche.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:38 am

Biggest surprise the game threw you?

Biggest "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" moment?

Favorite scene?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:53 am

Surprise: The cat-boy thing. Very strange, quite unexpected. After that, Moshu's weird threat. Lastly: Oharu's rosewood cane. That last one tickled me to death.

Regrets: I think I wrote off Hikimasu a little too easily. I also wish I had dug into the picture disturbance mystery more diligently from the start instead of letting Mitsu run the show. I'm not sure Hajime could possibly have solved the case on his own with his Void ring being what it is, but I should have made a real effort, and instead I let it go. That was a betrayal of the character's ninjo, and a major player mistake.

Favorite Scene: The gift exchange with Renji was good. (too?)Short, but effective and revelatory. Probably the best writing I did all game. I also appreciated the Big Guns thread because there was teamwork and I like that, because it's difficult to work together in this format, and it usually produces good results when we do.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am

Not a question but i woke up with a start SURE we'd be paired.

Just thought you should know.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:13 am

I enjoyed our scenes together. Definitely would have been happy to have more. Though Mura felt a bit conflicted about it. He was not on that same boat but he found Hajime to be a lovely person.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:59 am
Not a question but i woke up with a start SURE we'd be paired.

Just thought you should know.
Huh. I wonder why your subconscious supplied that?
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:13 am

I enjoyed our scenes together. Definitely would have been happy to have more. Though Mura felt a bit conflicted about it. He was not on that same boat but he found Hajime to be a lovely person.
Would have been an okay marriage, I think. But the conversations were nice!

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm
Would have been an okay marriage, I think. But the conversations were nice!
Yep. Would have been pleasantly friendly at first, but I could have seen it becoming more caring and loving in time. Hopefully the Shiba is more to Hajime's liking though. :D
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm

What's one thing that you feel the game handled really well?

What's one thing (outside of dueling and strife) that you feels needs to be changed before the next game?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind