Past Lives Thread

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Matsu Ishioka

Past Lives Thread

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:56 pm

Well, folks, I finally cracked and I'm making one of these threads. They used to be a regular feature of Fallenash games when I started (apparently in 2015, I was reminded today), and have seemed to kind of disappear. I think because more of us are on Discord and it's easy to ask on there "Wait, who were you at..." But, both because it's good to include our friends who aren't on the same Discord servers AND because it's just fun - for me at least - to be amazed at all of the memories that have been facilitated by this great community, I will present my character contributions to the FA community. Special thanks to FallenStar for compiling most of this list of games; even greater thanks to the GMs (including FallenStar) who've run these fun games.

I (Drop it like it's Hutt on Discord) have been (including a couple of incompletes):
Hollow Throne - Kitsu Takashi (Dark Edge Village), Agasha Manami and Usagi Kimika (Spirit War)
Shifting Sands
Inari's Curse - Mirumoto Kirimiko (?)
Heresy of the Five Rings - Yasuki Takara (Shiro Kuni, Setsuban Festival?)
Vulpine Regime - Toritaka __ (TotEF), Matsu Yuuma (The Wall)
Return Era
Banner of the Stars - Akodo Akihiko (Asakaze)
Dawn of the Empire - Akodo Kawauso (First Winter Court/Dawn 3)
New Winds
Fire Shrimp Village - Kakita Masao
Dapper Wars - The Old Republic - Brannis Ulgo (Alderaan)
Dapper Wars - Fallen Order
Noventa
Kamda - Azina Rayvis, (Kamda), Korvin Hikarrin (Bellionas)
Dune
Battletech - Bruun (Human Edge)
Ashford Fields - Reynard Goodbrook
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Re: Past Lives Thread

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Winter Court 3- Tonbo Taira
Winter Court 4- Isawa Taisho
Fan-run Winter Court 5- Daigotsu Yukari
Shadows Over Naishou- Usagi Ginhiko Isawa/Hiruma Mei, Bayushi Choudai, Shiba Jiro/Ryūsei
Dawn of the Empire- Jiyo Sora
Tales of the Jewel- Kezia
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:03 pm

Vulpine Regime - Favoured - Kuni Seo
Hollow Throne - Dark Edge - Usagi Tsukimi (Sheep clan best clan) ; Kyuden Suzume - Yasuki Maru
Heresy - Shiro Kuni - Shiba Ineko
Iron Hearts - 1: Kakita Aoshi / 2-3: Muhaki Ran (the Tortoise with the space turtle)
Ashford Fields - Assistant GM
Southron Ambitions - Gwen... something..... she danced w Bobby Baratheon though!
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Just had one of these experiences with our kindly neighborhood gm, and while some players (Yasu) can spot me from a mile away, it is always fun to reminisce.

I was:
Winter Court 4: Daidoji Soken
Hollow Throne - Kakita Asamura (until the miai), Doji Tsumeru (SH), Kakita Akinori(Sh), Doji Moroi(Second half of miai), Kaiu Totoro(KA), Doji Koushi(Spirit), Kakita Masahiko (the Megacrane).
Kobune: Daidoji Fuichi
Shifting Sands: If this was the early LBS games, then Bakari (the angriest Senpet) and Rahul el-Haffit (Mr. Hedonism).
Vulpine Regime - Asahina Kiriha(The Wall)
Return Era: Otomo Haruki (Equinox), Doji Kenshin(Serve and Protect)
Dawn of the Empire - Doji Kaze
New Winds -Bayushi Jiro
Kamda - Ters Tii, FX-12
Southron Ambitions: Willem Arryn

So people familiar with those characters know that Hajime's pretty on-brand.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:54 pm

This is also a fun one, and oddly enough I feel I'm both old and new to the community in these things XD

So!
Words cut like Steel (2007? :shock: ) - Kaiu Amano
In Times of War (2008 I think?) - Miya... something.
Return Era (didn't even know the Handle!): Equinox 824 - Usagi Naoki (Rest in pieces!)
Winter Court 3, 4, fan-run 5 -
Hollow Throne -
Koushi(Spirit),
Kobune:
Shifting Sands:
Vulpine Regime -
Southron Ambitions:
Inari's Curse -
Heresy of the Five Rings -
New Winds - Iuchi Prashant (to be Prashstan!)
Banner of the Stars - Suzume Shion (Asakaze)
Fire Shrimp Village - Ichiro Taiki
Tales of the Jewel - Faruq Al-Farhan
Kamda - Zimrzala Skalirz (Bellionas)
Dawn of the Empire - Chai Kotsume (Dawn 3)
Dapper Wars - The Old Republic - Blai Frayus (Alderaan)
Dapper Wars - Fallen Order -
Noventa -
Dune -
Battletech -
Ashford Fields -
Iron Hearts -
Shadows Over Naishou - Mirumoto Kazunosuke (100 Stances)

I've also played in some games that I think happened between In Time of War (2008?) and Equinox 824 (2013), but I can't for the life of me remember their names. I think I've asked around about them a few times and I'm and still not sure XD I was an Ichiro in one of those that took place, I think, in a Minor Clan court of some sort. Can't remember the name and the files are lost to the void.

Been in some Five Rings Online as well - I think 5 and 6, maybe? - as an Ikoma (Akodo trained) scout of sorts and a Shiba Bushi. Not even sure if FRO is still a thing BTW! Or if any folks here played in them. Have you? XD

Also - for those who were around in the AEG Forums before the great doom(TM) - I was Ikoma Chiyago there. Hint to my real name ;)

EDIT: Just remembered there was also a Winter Court game of some sort (not the "official" ones!) in which I played a Kitsune (Mantis Clan)... Can't remember which game it was either!
Last edited by Suzume Senseki on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 am

In a Time of War
- Moto Tara

Hollow Throne
- Seppun Shoukan (Yurei Mura)
- Seppun Horonigai, a.k.a. hornigai (Kyuden Suzume; Spirit War)
- Otaku Kitaku-hime (Dark Edge)

WC4
- Seepun Kyosuta

Dawn of the Empire
- Hantei Kinsen

New Winds
- Kokyou

Fire Shrimp Village
- Otomo Saisei

The Wall 1121
- Seppun Toge

Otosan Uchi 528
- Seppun Samishi

I’ve also played as Daigotsu Kunshu at Rokugan High School and a Mindshred creepy game after In a Time of War with a Mirumoto (or Kakita) Yasashii, if I am not mistaken. Also a ronin at a Kyuden Suzume game before HT.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:16 am

Think they were all naishou games, but I was Shosuro Shiitake (think it was a winter court? The pathetic scorpion baby) and Hida Jiaying (the dojo one. I was the crab that got kicked out)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:27 am

Good fortunes...

Hollow Throne: Shosuro nee Ikoma Satoshi, Daidoji Nobu, Doji nee Shinjo Monkhbaatar, Taro, Matsu Koritome Noboru
Dawn: Taochusu, Kuu
Vulpine: Togashi Katsuhisa
New Winds: Kuni Yotsuo
Equinox: Yasuki Takaya
Shifting Sand: Haraam ibn Kiaan, Najid, Qadir ibn Mohsina bint Saleh
Kamda: Tosath Nazora
Dapper: Zeno, Tra Kize
Heresy: Suzume Junpei
Inari's Curse: Soshi Kitagama
Banner: Tonbo Sagahiro

I don't think that is half and many were returners for 2 or more games.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:00 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 am
Also a ronin at a Kyuden Suzume game before HT.
I think THIS is the game I was a Badger in! Do you remember anything else about it? XD
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 am

A selection:
AEG WC 2- Otomo Taneji
AEG WC 3- Seppun "Pause Button" Yamaedo
AEG WC 4- Shinjo Setgüülch...and GM Fukurokujin (don't @ me about the game; it was a while back and I was a new father)
Hollow Throne- Kasuga Seitouna
FireShrimp- Kakita Yuuwaku
Heresy- Bayushi Utagawa
Dawn- Seppun Dawei, Otomo Gusai
New Winds- Toritaka Sasaiko/Noriko, soon to be Asako Noriko
Naishou GM Fukurokujin
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."