Who all hasn't found their beau?

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: Who all hasn't found their beau?

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:02 pm
I'm under the impression that not that many PCs and NPCs have their spouses set in stone at the moment... Which seems kind of a good thing as there's about half a game to go.
Absolutely- and in-character, it's completely and utterly uncertain- to use my guy as an example, he thinks Aimi walks on water and makes the sun rise every day, but he also knows that seeing him go gaga over a ronin and ignoring just about everyone else is a bad look- and he tries, to the best of his limited ability, to at least meet other people so that he's not completely crushed by whoever the Deer assign him.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Timezones and IRL schedules are also the ultimate OOC matchmakers. Hard to establish a connection with a PC who's almost never active at the same time at you even if it could have made sense IC.

(not thinking about anyone in particular here, just a general observation)
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:57 pm
Not going to lie, after perusing the NPCs I'm kind of shipping Shiba Taemon and Hajime, with the Moto he never notices pining off to the side. (or maybe pining less after some riding lessons with a certain Kitsu?)

Taemon? Interesting! Thank you!
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:16 am

Technically Luixian hasn't but she also hasn't exactly been looking.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:19 am

Put Mitsu in that category as well. I mean, he is very preoccupied with other things.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:44 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 pm
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:02 pm
I'm under the impression that not that many PCs and NPCs have their spouses set in stone at the moment... Which seems kind of a good thing as there's about half a game to go.
Absolutely- and in-character, it's completely and utterly uncertain- to use my guy as an example, he thinks Aimi walks on water and makes the sun rise every day, but he also knows that seeing him go gaga over a ronin and ignoring just about everyone else is a bad look- and he tries, to the best of his limited ability, to at least meet other people so that he's not completely crushed by whoever the Deer assign him.
Aimi meanwhile is over here like "It's ok if the Deer assign me a marriage I don't like or want, I'll just go back on the road, maybe set some things on fire as I leave..."

(Is this attitude likely to get her in massive trouble one of these days? Absolutely. Does she care? Answer unclear, ask again later.)
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:47 am

Aimi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:44 am
Aimi meanwhile is over here like "It's ok if the Deer assign me a marriage I don't like or want, I'll just go back on the road, maybe set some things on fire as I leave..."

(Is this attitude likely to get her in massive trouble one of these days? Absolutely. Does she care? Answer unclear, ask again later.)
<3
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:57 pm
Kitsu Tsugumasa: Marry a female shugenja of high honor (totally shipping him with our resident Moshi, honestly)
I'm also totes shipping that (and trying to work it somewhat IC too), but don't want to box in Shizuka. And Ishi has reason to work on a different ship for her as well, but I'll leave those details to the other affected PC for now.

Things get tricky with so few honorable shugenja ladies around! :D
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Would there be an interest in an IC singles night where people who want to look for someone can meet up in one place?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 pm
Would there be an interest in an IC singles night where people who want to look for someone can meet up in one place?
I would submit that even those of us who seem happily paired up should probably get roped into it...
Remember to Breathe