Sakkaku (not the realm)

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Moto Mitsuki

Sakkaku (not the realm)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:56 am

So, as we're entering the second half of the game and rolls might become more common or complicated, are there any issues I should know about? Not necessarily big problems, but little things that would make the life of everyone (or at least of a significant number of people) smoother if changed/added/moved/removed.

While I have a list of things to do on my side, it's very focused on ergonomics' issues regarding marginal cases (channeling, extra kept dice, etc.). And thus it reeks of "expert concerns": Nitpicks on real but extremely uncommon problems while there may be a big glaring mess just under my nose that I'm just unable to see anymore after acclimating myself to it for so much time.

Note that I firmly refuse to setup any spyware, like Google Analytics, on Sakkaku (hence why you've got no cookie banner on it) and I'm therefore fully reliant on returns from people to fix anything I didn't stumble on myself.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kuni Yasu

Re: Sakkaku (not the realm)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:58 am

I have one! Brought on by the last event, actually.

Having a sample/common set of choices already entered makes it easy to forget to shift one of the default settings. I've also seen numerous "that's not the real TN, the TN is in the roll description," that makes me think this is a common issue. In my case, I left in a skill die that I didn't have.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 am

Sure, that's indeed not a hard change to make. Site updated.
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:47 am

I don't really have any complaints with the roller itself, indeed I want to thank you for all the hard work. My one request is just for more feature parity between the roller and the probability section, specifically a way to do practice/dummy rolls because I like rolling dice when I'm bored and don't want to spam the actual roll list. This, obviously, is not an important request. Thanks again.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am

a way to do practice/dummy rolls because I like rolling dice when I'm bored and don't want to spam the actual roll list. This, obviously, is not an important request. Thanks again.
Actually, this one had been on my list for some time, just delayed because I didn't know where to put the option to activate it...

Well, it's there now (though I may eventually move the button to a less conspicuous place).

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:47 pm

And yes, Much appreciation for the work going into this.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 am

Third-ing the appreciation!
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 am

Thank you very much for the practice roller.

Another feature I would like to request is a way to select an elemental approach that shows up automatically on the roll some way. Admittedly this is because I keep for getting to list my approach in the roll description.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 am
Another feature I would like to request is a way to select an elemental approach that shows up automatically on the roll some way. Admittedly this is because I keep for getting to list my approach in the roll description.
Is there a word for when you're writing a message about why you are not going to do something, then realize that you've built a list of arguments for doing it instead?

(it happens to me all the time, I'm very bad at arguing with myself)

Anyway.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:25 pm
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 am
Is there a word for when you're writing a message about why you are not going to do something, then realize that you've built a list of arguments for doing it instead?

(it happens to me all the time, I'm very bad at arguing with myself)

Anyway.
That is way above and beyond what I expected, thank you. I was just looking for a way to pick/list the ring im using on a roll. You did every skill :shock:
Description