Signature Etiquette

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Agasha Inoshishi

Signature Etiquette

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:29 am

Another newbie question:

What’s the etiquette on changing one’s signature during the course of play? For instance, Inoshishi is getting less emancipated by the day thanks to good old fashioned deer hospitality. If I change that descriptor, is that okay? Should it be stated somewhere?
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kuni Yasu

Re: Signature Etiquette

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 am

Folks generally change them at will. If it's a big change, sometimes there's like "as of D7, missing an arm."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:39 am

To add to Kuni Yasu's answer:

As I understand it, as long as the GM required information is still on display, there should be no problem with you changing the descriptors in your signature.
Obviously don't lie unless you have an arrangement with the GM (for example, a Shosuro actor disguised as someone else), but flavor as opposed to mechanical descriptors like that should be fine to change.

For example, I shouldn't remove "Kitsu hair" or "Missing fingers" from my profile because they relate to both GM requests (obvious physical features) and mechanics (such as my adversity or being easier to remember).
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:19 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:29 am
Another newbie question:

What’s the etiquette on changing one’s signature during the course of play? For instance, Inoshishi is getting less emancipated by the day thanks to good old fashioned deer hospitality. If I change that descriptor, is that okay? Should it be stated somewhere?
I'm sad that you feel that the good food has caused you to lose your freedom :D
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:36 am

less free from gravity?

that rhymes. I should really roll my poetry event tonight. XD
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:02 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:36 am
less free from gravity?
Yes, let’s defy gravity!
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:05 am

Description