Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:38 pm
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 pm

My point is, the second sentence is phrased as if it's meant to entail more sleep than usual when compared to the first.
*Ponders wording*

Sleep 3 consecutive time slots a day, and your recovery will be normal?
Eh, sure, it just seemed like a sort of snag the way it was written. ;)
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm

This might be answered somewhere else and I just can't read, but what's the rules for leaving a scene in a specific time to join another scene in a specific time.

For example: Unsei is already in an le scene, but was just offered a hook up also in le and would much rather go get some brown chicken brown cow than drink. So, is it all good to just leave the current scene I'm in in le to join the other le scene?
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm
This might be answered somewhere else and I just can't read, but what's the rules for leaving a scene in a specific time to join another scene in a specific time.

For example: Unsei is already in an le scene, but was just offered a hook up also in le and would much rather go get some brown chicken brown cow than drink. So, is it all good to just leave the current scene I'm in in le to join the other le scene?
Newp. The best you could do would be to walk to your hookup within the bar thread like Sakura and Hiroto did at the gate scene seen Here.

One thread per time slot per location, else you go to the Never Ever.

Yes, I realize that it doesn't take you two hours to bathe or drink sake, but it's a construct to keep time paradoxes to a minimum. The extra time is time you spend off-screen walking, bowing to your superiors on the way, etc.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 pm

Newp. The best you could do would be to walk to your hookup within the bar thread like Sakura and Hiroto did at the gate scene seen Here.

Yes, I realize that it doesn't take you two hours to bathe or drink sake, but it's a construct to keep time paradoxes to a minimum. The extra time is time you spend off-screen walking, bowing to your superiors on the way, etc.
So, I don't mean it to argue, and I will accept what you said, but I also just wanna say that that fuckin' sucks, especially given the time fuckery. xD pretty much forces you to keep le slot open or go without sleep if you plan to try to get some, but tis what it is. Thank you!
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:58 pm

So, I don't mean it to argue, and I will accept what you said, but I also just wanna say that that fuckin' sucks, especially given the time fuckery. xD pretty much forces you to keep le slot open or go without sleep if you plan to try to get some, but tis what it is. Thank you!
Yeah, you do have to plan ahead for your booty calls. It is a construct, but it's the construct that allows us to have to not argue if you arrived somewhere at 8:05 or 8:10 in this glorious world-spanning asynchronous mess this is :D

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:

So Sai feel free to tell me I'm wrong or to stfu but also you can hook up in the EN just means you'd have to sleep EM the next day.

You're right on this, just fyi :)
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 pm
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Saibankan wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 pm

So Sai feel free to tell me I'm wrong or to stfu but also you can hook up in the EN just means you'd have to sleep EM the next day.
No, you're right, but then there'd be an EM slot lost and Unsei's a good lil shuggy who prays in the early morning

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 am

I don't know if this has been placed somewhere but if not could this map be put into a gm post somewhere so it isn't lost?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19&start=810#p2325
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:02 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 am
I don't know if this has been placed somewhere but if not could this map be put into a gm post somewhere so it isn't lost?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19&start=810#p2325
Updated in world info with the bigger version..