Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Seppun Yuzu

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:23 pm

So who makes more points can kidnap others. Would the selected player be able decide they don't want to marry that specific character and then such higher point PC select an NPC or another PC entirely?
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 pm

So, if a person marries down in status, if they had imperial heritage from the heritage roll would they keep that as a +10 bonus to their new status? Or would that bonus be lost?
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:23 pm
So who makes more points can kidnap others. Would the selected player be able decide they don't want to marry that specific character and then such higher point PC select an NPC or another PC entirely?
A very dramatic way to describe marriage.

I would ask, of course, that all players reach out to their potential partners to make sure they're ok with the arrangement. No one likes having their character's agency compromised, and if someone's really not in to you it's sucky to push forward with a marriage.

However, I also have to respect the efforts of those who actually, y'know, put in the work and earn courtship points. If Bob, Mary and Larry come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and Bob picks Larry, and Larry refuses because he wants to be with Mary, I'm not being fair to Bob and the game long efforts they put in if I allowed Larry to refuse.

So, I think it comes down to these points:

1) Please be respectful of your fellow players. If someone is super not in to you, and really hates the idea of their character wedding yours, at least consider picking someone else. There's lots of people here, surely you can find someone else where you can both be happy.

2) Also be respectful of the efforts of others. If through a combination of skill and luck someone comes out on top, they deserve to have that occurrence acknowledged, otherwise there's no point in scoring events at all.

3) If someone is making you uncomfortable for ANY reason, please report this to the GM as SOON as possible. The last thing I want to hear on the last day is, "Oh, Bob's been creepy to me all game, and making me uncomfortable, but I didn't want to mention it until the last day." It's important to me that everyone feels comfortable in this environment, and I view it as my duty to provide an environment where everyone can have fun (Not will have fun, I cannot guarantee fun, just the possibility of it.)

Let's all be respectful of each other. Follow Rule Zero, and hopefully we can all have a great few weeks of story-making together.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 pm
So, if a person marries down in status, if they had imperial heritage from the heritage roll would they keep that as a +10 bonus to their new status? Or would that bonus be lost?
*Drums fingers*

Well, you're still of imperial heritage, even if you are 'marrying down'. But it'd be weird if you came into the marriage 10 higher than your spouse even after that.

So, I think the fairest way to handle it is this: If you have the imperial heritage, and you marry someone of lower status who does NOT have the imperial heritage background, I'll raise their status up 10 before lowering yours. Consider it my gift to them for bringing such talent into their family, a promotion by their family.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Extra clarity on the how the end of gaming picking out works. You are not 'winning' your spouse through competition. There will not be a big ceremony where you point at someone and say, "You're mine!"

Basically, you'll put a ranked choice vote in your pf at the end. And it's totally fair to add in "Generic NPC of this clan/class" as a terminus.

So you could have:

1) Larry
2) Moe
3) Curly
4) Generic Lion bushi

and leave poor old Shemp off your list entirely. Then when your points turn comes up if you haven't already been selected, I'll start going down your list to see who has the highest priority that's still on your list. Please make sure that you've pm'd everyone on your list to make sure they're ok with being on your list. Again, let's be respectful.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Prompted by discussion in the OOC thread and my own over-lewd mind:

What is available in the way of prophylactics / contraceptives / abortifacients?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm

What is available in the way of prophylactics / contraceptives / abortifacients?
Um....whatever is time period appropriate?

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Um....whatever is time period appropriate?
Gotta follow up, then, with what's the IRL approximate year, here?

Also, well, magic?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Gotta follow up, then, with what's the IRL approximate year, here?

Also, well, magic?
Well, probably 1467 to 1615 would be the right period.

As for magic, there's not a ton available. Diseases, after all, are a punishment sent by the Heavens and you would do well to pray to the fortunes to apologize for your sins and hope they spare you. And preventing the birth of children with magic would be deeply twisted. Of course, with maho many things are possible if you wanna go THAT route.

Honestly, my best advice is play the other holes on the green sir ;)

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:14 am

Because of this:
Busy Bee: Highest post-count at game end: 5 Courtship points (GM will disqualify those who spam to achieve this)
Could you when game has started remove posts counts from OOC/PFs counting as part of post counts so we get a more accurate number? People are nearly on/over 100 posts already and the game hasn't started
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)