Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Saibankan

Ask the GM

Post by Saibankan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:48 pm

You've got questions? I've got answers! Some of them might even be right!
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Usogawa Emiko

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:37 am

Is it possible to have clan PFs?
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:30 am

Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:37 am
Is it possible to have clan PFs?
I decided not to do clan pf's for a couple reasons this time around. This isn't a winter court style game where you have a private embassy to secretly discuss your clan's agenda in. It's a miai where the focus is individuals meeting individuals, and I feel like clan pfs would encourage separation instead of mingling. And it's not like if you wanna secretly discuss things on discord, that I can stop that.

So no on the clan pfs.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:08 am

How large of a group would be appropriate for the Scorn of... adversity in this game? Like an entire great clan is probably overdoing it for a miai, I would guess, but using the example from the book fluff, one family from a clan would be fine?

Also, I don't seem to have a PF yet -- waiting on confirmation I'm going with this character and not a different one?

Thanks!
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:30 am

Question on advantage/disadvantage triggering.

We should default trigger adv/disad based on the noted skills, per GMs post in the Rules forum. Is that on all rolls of those skills, *regardless of approach*? I think the examples provided basically imply that it's all rolls of those skills (regardless of element), but I wanted to check because it, for example, makes about 4/5 Whispers of... adversities all identical because they apply to all courtesy and command rolls, even though each adversity is aligned with a specific ring. But I suppose broader application of each adv/disad essentially balances, except for folks getting extra of either.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:05 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:08 am
How large of a group would be appropriate for the Scorn of... adversity in this game? Like an entire great clan is probably overdoing it for a miai, I would guess, but using the example from the book fluff, one family from a clan would be fine?

Also, I don't seem to have a PF yet -- waiting on confirmation I'm going with this character and not a different one?

Thanks!
A family's fine.

Gomen, your forum was built when your character was added and colored, but I was distracted and didn't unlock it for you.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:06 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:30 am
Question on advantage/disadvantage triggering.

We should default trigger adv/disad based on the noted skills, per GMs post in the Rules forum. Is that on all rolls of those skills, *regardless of approach*? I think the examples provided basically imply that it's all rolls of those skills (regardless of element), but I wanted to check because it, for example, makes about 4/5 Whispers of... adversities all identical because they apply to all courtesy and command rolls, even though each adversity is aligned with a specific ring. But I suppose broader application of each adv/disad essentially balances, except for folks getting extra of either.
The auto-trigger is on the ring the adv/disad is aligned to.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Core, page 245 wrote: TRAVELING PACK
When a character’s starting outfit refers to a traveling pack, it refers to an assortment of items carried within a furoshiki, or decorative wrapping cloth.
Traveling packs consist of the following: Blanket, bowl, chopsticks, four days of travel rations, flint and tinder, and any three other items of the player’s choice that are rarity 4 or lower.
Technically, one Yari, one Ashigaru Armor and one set of Ceremonial Clothes make for three items of rarity 4 or lower. Are such combinations allowed or am I missing a restriction hidden in yet another sidebar, like "no weapon" or "only personal effects"?
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:49 pm
Core, page 245 wrote: TRAVELING PACK
When a character’s starting outfit refers to a traveling pack, it refers to an assortment of items carried within a furoshiki, or decorative wrapping cloth.
Traveling packs consist of the following: Blanket, bowl, chopsticks, four days of travel rations, flint and tinder, and any three other items of the player’s choice that are rarity 4 or lower.
Technically, one Yari, one Ashigaru Armor and one set of Ceremonial Clothes make for three items of rarity 4 or lower. Are such combinations allowed or am I missing a restriction hidden in yet another sidebar, like "no weapon" or "only personal effects"?
I don't have a problem with weapons and armor to give you a bit more flexibility when it comes to loadout