Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Kakita Sakura

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:48 am

So, interesting question: does the courtship point penalty for unmasking still apply if it happened in the geisha house (while in a session with a geisha) given that their explicit purpose is someone Samurai can vent to and let down their mask around?
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:09 pm

The inn description suggests that some more important guests get yashikis. Do any of the miai participants warrant that, and if so what thread would they be in?
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:24 am
Query-
This occurs as long as you have not gone more than 24 hours without three consecutives time slots of sleep. If you have gone more than 24 hours without sleep, you will need to sleep for at least 6 consecutive hours (three times slots) to regain this recovery ability.
So as written... you cap out at needing three time slots of sleep, regardless?
I'm not quite sure I understand 'cap out' in this context. You need three consecutive time slots of sleep roughly every 24 hours.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:48 am
So, interesting question: does the courtship point penalty for unmasking still apply if it happened in the geisha house (while in a session with a geisha) given that their explicit purpose is someone Samurai can vent to and let down their mask around?
Y'know, I thought about that. The problem with making the geisha house a free unmasking place is we could end up with a ton of geisha house threads where people just wanna run in, scream for a few moments and then run back out.

I figure leaving it as a place where one can pursue their passion (assuming that their passion is one that can be pursued there) would suffice.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:47 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:48 am
Y'know, I thought about that. The problem with making the geisha house a free unmasking place is we could end up with a ton of geisha house threads where people just wanna run in, scream for a few moments and then run back out.

I figure leaving it as a place where one can pursue their passion (assuming that their passion is one that can be pursued there) would suffice.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:09 pm
The inn description suggests that some more important guests get yashikis. Do any of the miai participants warrant that, and if so what thread would they be in?
Newp. There is a thread answering that question, but I may as well reiterate it here. Unless you're a Deer clan pc, you're stay in the inn. Deer clan PCs get a room at the castle. Yashiki are for peeps like the emerald magistrate currently, or if some other npc of high status shows up for...y'know....reasons.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Silly question, in order to say use Domain of Suijin I need to have a concrete understanding of a body of water how long would you consider that to take?

I would assume a small koi pond would not take very long to say a river area, and/or a lake.

As I said silly question, just trying to get a grasp of my powers.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm
Silly question, in order to say use Domain of Suijin I need to have a concrete understanding of a body of water how long would you consider that to take?

I would assume a small koi pond would not take very long to say a river area, and/or a lake.

As I said silly question, just trying to get a grasp of my powers.
As long as you've spent a timeslot there, it should suffice.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:44 pm
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:24 am
Query-
This occurs as long as you have not gone more than 24 hours without three consecutives time slots of sleep. If you have gone more than 24 hours without sleep, you will need to sleep for at least 6 consecutive hours (three times slots) to regain this recovery ability.
So as written... you cap out at needing three time slots of sleep, regardless?
I'm not quite sure I understand 'cap out' in this context. You need three consecutive time slots of sleep roughly every 24 hours.
My point is, the second sentence is phrased as if it's meant to entail more sleep than usual when compared to the first.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:38 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 pm

My point is, the second sentence is phrased as if it's meant to entail more sleep than usual when compared to the first.
*Ponders wording*

Sleep 3 consecutive time slots a day, and your recovery will be normal?