Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Saibankan

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm
Thanks! No rush for that one, but good to know.

Also another question - should we post PMs to you or questions here if we go somewhere and are looking for a random NPC (or believe something weird might happen)

(Like here, for example - might bump into something)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2
There is an npc request thread, but yeah, pm me if you want to draw my attention for potential weirdness. I try to skim every thread to pick up on things, but given how outnumbered I am, a pm definitely helps focus my attention.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm
There is an npc request thread, but yeah, pm me if you want to draw my attention for potential weirdness. I try to skim every thread to pick up on things, but given how outnumbered I am, a pm definitely helps focus my attention.
Totally missed the NPC request thread, sorry! And thanks again!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

How are you gonna run the Just as Predicted tech for Astrologer? Do you want me to just roll something every in game morning and put it in a thread on my private form?
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm

Would you prefer folks to use duel or skirmish rules for sparring? Ordinarily I'd just do a simple check, but with so many of us learning the system and all of us learning to use it for PbP, I'm inclined to do some as more involved affairs just for the learning.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

More on agendas:

- Can an agenda be pushed in special threads? For example Event threads, Event Observation, Play, etc.?
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:40 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm
How are you gonna run the Just as Predicted tech for Astrologer? Do you want me to just roll something every in game morning and put it in a thread on my private form?
*Shakes magic 8 ball*

"Your ability lasts until the end of the next downtime. Downtime in this format is "Not doing an event, pushing an agenda, or pursuing a passion". So you use the ability, and then you have until the end of the next non-event, non-agenda,non-passion slot to fire it off."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:40 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm
More on agendas:

- Can an agenda be pushed in special threads? For example Event threads, Event Observation, Play, etc.?
You may not push agenda in timeslots you are in an event, nor any thread you are pursuing a passion or a specific downtime activity. Play is a fine time to do so though :)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm
Would you prefer folks to use duel or skirmish rules for sparring? Ordinarily I'd just do a simple check, but with so many of us learning the system and all of us learning to use it for PbP, I'm inclined to do some as more involved affairs just for the learning.
I'd say use skirmish. While dueling rules could be applied, you're not gonna have a very long duel practice with them in play.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:41 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm
I'd say use skirmish. While dueling rules could be applied, you're not gonna have a very long duel practice with them in play.
That was kind of my thinking, even if the RAW seems to indicate skirmishes are for more people. Duel also feels odd when it's not actually a duel. Thanks.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:52 am

So Large Stature reads "when you make a check for which you can take advantage of your size you may reroll up to two dice" would melee unarmed in like a grappling type scenario count for this?
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.