Event Tracking

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Suzume Senseki

Re: Event Tracking

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:11 pm
Honestly?

I wouldn't be against just writing off the duelling event and not distributing points at all for it.

Everyone struggled with the rules. They were interpreted differently all over the place (clothes, initiative, incapacitated, number of allowed strikes, etc.), in great part due to FFG (both in terms of pure rulings and of terrible book layout) and in small part from Saibankan having been a bit light when setting the framework for these duels in particular. Several duels didn't even complete in time. Some people skipped it not so much because they didn't want to partake in it than because they weren't ready to face that madness just for a few points.

I know all events are fundamentally purely random. But this one was more random than most.
This might be something worth asking Sai about :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Honestly?

I wouldn't be against just writing off the duelling event and not distributing points at all for it.

Everyone struggled with the rules. They were interpreted differently all over the place (clothes, initiative, incapacitated, number of allowed strikes, etc.), in great part due to FFG (both in terms of pure rulings and of terrible book layout) and in small part from Saibankan having been a bit light when setting the framework for these duels in particular. Several duels didn't even complete in time. Some people skipped it not so much because they didn't want to partake in it than because they weren't ready to face that madness just for a few points.

I know all events are fundamentally purely random. But this one was more random than most.
Honestly I'd be for writing off duelling as a requirement in future events, but I don't feel it would be fair to those people who built and planned around the duelling event if we simply eroded it's worth as an event to nothing.

Hopefully, I'll have my prototype alternative ready for post-game to present as a more PBP friendly future alternative.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:05 pm

I dunno, random would be an excuse for me to whine about how much Sakkaku has HATED on Raizo in events :lol:

That said, these duels were an absolute mess...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:05 pm
I dunno, random would be an excuse for me to whine about how much Sakkaku has HATED on Raizo in events :lol:
Also, Raizo, just wondering...

You realize you can use Way of the Phoenix on yourself right? You are a character at range 0-3 of yourself.

(yeah, I know, FFG could just have written "range 1-3 or yourself", or "including yourself", but apparently there wasn't enough space on the page)
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:17 pm

Yep, but strife really hasn't been the problem. It's been the goddamn "HAHA, SUCCESSES ARE FOR OTHER PEOPLE!"

And Fatigue was my way to escape that fucking nightmare of a duel :lol:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:51 pm
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Honestly?

Honestly I'd be for writing off duelling as a requirement in future events, but I don't feel it would be fair to those people who built and planned around the duelling event if we simply eroded it's worth as an event to nothing.

Hopefully, I'll have my prototype alternative ready for post-game to present as a more PBP friendly future alternative.
As I mentioned on Discord, I'm also considering running some tests with some others with some possible rule changes and the original rules to get a better hang of things and test some possible changes. Much closer to the base rules than Moshu's version though. I assume different games may use use different options.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Ah ah. I have my own draft too, though it mostly boils down to "changing the scoring system so that first strike duel actually enforces a single strike".
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Perhaps in post game we should make a thread about it?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:01 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:13 pm
Perhaps in post game we should make a thread about it?
Sounds like an idea!
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:10 pm
Ah ah. I have my own draft too, though it mostly boils down to "changing the scoring system so that first strike duel actually enforces a single strike".
And that's something I was thinking about, although I kinda like an idea Sai had too.

And... well, I'd like to try the actual rules, maybe changing some things here and there only, just writing down exactly what a "strike" means in Iai duels so that only strikes with criticals are actual strikes.

As I said, there are some options to try out!

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:48 am

And what should be the last one! :)

Love among the stars

I'm Classfying the results as
All rolls => All
Passed Theology, failed 1 => Th-1
Culture/Aesth, failed theo => P2-T
culture or Aesthetics, failed theo => P1-T
Passed ONLY theology => T-2
Failed all => None

T-2 and None may NOT be different in terms of points, but assuming they are for now. So...
All > Th-1 > P2-T > P1-T > (T-2 > None, I'm guessing. But they may be equal!)

Within each one, total successes, then opps for flair (=to show off) are tie-breakers, then Status, Glory and Honour

Last recorded: Agasha Inoshishi
Participants 23 so far (and I think that's it!)
7A, 8B, 8C

A1 Asahina Soyokaze: All/11/1/38/41/67
A2 Kitsu Murato: All/11/0/45/44/59
A3 Seppun Yuzu: All/10/1/50/31/55
A4 Kuni Yasu: All/6/3/30/44/46
A5 Agasha Inoshishi: All/6/1/30/?/?

A6 Bayushi Mitsu Th-1/11/2/35/46/30
A7 Shika Nesshin: Th-1/7/1/41/42/36
B1 Kitsu Moshumaru: Th-1/7/1/35/41/51
B2 Matsu Ishioka: Th-1/6/7/35/51/61
B3 Suzume Senseki: Th-1/6/5/25/31/56

B4 Shiba Raizo: P2-T/5/3/30/41/42
B5 Moto Mitsuki: P2-T/4/4/30/47/31
B6 Kasuga Yoshi: P2-T/4/3/25/27/25
B7 Kaikoga Koi: P2-T/4/1/28/44/49
B8 Kitsuki Hajime: P2-T/3/0/30/44/52

C1 Susaki Tanabe: P1-T/2/3/22/35/49

C2 Kitsuki Edogawa: T-2/4/3/30/51/54
C3 Shosuro Hikimasu: T-2/3/2/35/44/41

C4 Asahina Bo: None/3/3/35/37/67
C5 Kaito Oubaihime: None/3/2/?/?/?
C6 Moshi Shizuka: None/2/3/30/45/60
C7 Usogawa Narumi: None/2/3/22/40/27
C8 Usogawa Emiko: None/2/0/?/?/?