Tech help

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Agasha Inoshishi

Tech help

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi! This is my second one of these ever and I am currently in a place where my main computer isn’t. So I’m doing this all on iPhone and occasionally a pad.

If anyone has hacks on how to roll dice or read things on the phone easier, I’d love to hear them.

Sai, if this isn’t an okay topic, please don’t smite me.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Re: Tech help

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Topic is probably fine, and potentially helpful for anyone that gets stuck on a phone. I personally don't have issues with it, just a lot of copy and paste for things, a lot of rotating the phone, and if you have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse available that can be helpful.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:07 pm
Hi! This is my second one of these ever and I am currently in a place where my main computer isn’t. So I’m doing this all on iPhone and occasionally a pad.

If anyone has hacks on how to roll dice or read things on the phone easier, I’d love to hear them.

Sai, if this isn’t an okay topic, please don’t smite me.
Topic is fine.

You can always ask the gm to roll dice for you in your pf.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:14 pm

In theory the roller works on mobile. However, only owning an Android phone, I confess I haven't really tested it on iPhone. What issues are you encountering?
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Yeah I mainly use phone and have no issue swapping between threads.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:14 pm
In theory the roller works on mobile. However, only owning an Android phone, I confess I haven't really tested it on iPhone. What issues are you encountering?
A number of double posts and eaten posts, mainly. I think that’s me fat fingering or otherwise user erroring, so I figured I’d put my relatively noob status and see if people had any tricks, like screen locking or whatever.

I’m gonna try rolling shortly, so…fingers crossed!
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:18 pm
Yeah I mainly use phone and have no issue swapping between threads.
I’ve been having a hard time successfully opening multiple tabs to the places I want them opening. Do you do miltitab reading or just tap through?

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Bit of both but I do use a samsung
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:26 pm

I'll suggest writing all your posts first in a notebook app then copy-pasting them. Should help avoiding tragedy with wrongful clicks (I do so even though I'm using a laptop because accidentally hitting some keyboard shortcut that switches the page and losing your whole post is just so damn easy).
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:26 pm
I'll suggest writing all your posts first in a notebook app then copy-pasting them. Should help avoiding tragedy with wrongful clicks (I do so even though I'm using a laptop because accidentally hitting some keyboard shortcut that switches the page and losing your whole post is just so damn easy).
Ooo, that’s a really good idea! Thanks!