Funny/Memorable moments thread

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: Funny/Memorable moments thread

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:40 pm
It's because I'm Scorpion right?

"Yes, you were by yourself at a night", he said, totally going with it. "And there are worse things than me about at these times."

You absolute ham :lol:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 am

Emphasis mine.

Goodness, that really does sound strange and unlikely...
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:15 am
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:31 am
<snip>

"I think the tests are interesting at least. I don't know much about the Shika's techniques to guess at how these things all work to predict a match, but kemari is fun at least. And I've never met so many folks who aren't Crab at one time before. That's been surprising." Settling back in her seat, to look curiously at the Sparrow, she adds, "never in my life met a Sparrow, for example."

"How about you? Think these tests are going to reveal your best match?"
<snip>

He looks down for a while, humbly, waving dismissively. "Again, this is only a hunch. It could be something entirely different... maybe even a Fortune - maybe Musubi no kami - keeping tallies of how each of us does in each thing and the head Matchmaker consulting with that Fortune at the end." He then looks at her with another grin. "Or maybe that Fortune keeps tallies and then, based on the results, asking lesser Fortunes guiding those that did best who they think their protected would prefer" A shrug. "I mean... that last one sounds unlikely, even with my limited knowledge of Fortunism..." A kind, somewhat silly smile. "But well... I suppose if nothing else, the tests could be a way for us to get to know each other better, ne? What do you think?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:59 am

So there are several of Raizo's here. And...I think I need to track down his thread with our resident Moshi, because what the heck happened there?

I do love backfilling character history out loud.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:31 pm
Oh fuck it.

"You do know she's seen me nearly naked, right?"

He motioned for another bottle to follow this apparent non-sequitur as he had a seat.

"Me and just about every man in my unit. We'd gotten into it with some Mantis, and we all had injuries that needed addressing."

He chuckled.

"Including a really GROSS arrow through Tsuru's face. Luckily, the poor bastard was already ugly, so having his cheeks punctured wasn't a major loss. If she could handle our whining, to say nothing of the smell, I think she can handle anything you two jokers combined could throw at her."

The Lovecraftian vibe begins.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:22 am
"Only one I've ever met."

Unless she's just some sort of nightmare that only I see? But no, there were others at the market that day...

But wait, I haven't seen them in a long while. Any of them!

Wat?
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:06 am
"Have you ever gathered together a bunch of total strangers to try and give another total strangers a religiously-driven pep talk within five minutes of meeting them?"

So...Lovecraftian cat?
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:11 am
Bring a sacrificial distraction. Or maybe something shiny to throw past her face when you run.

"Well. More power to you. She's easy enough on the eyes."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:15 pm

Another Raizo thread, but this time Moshi Shizuka is the memorable one. Thread here (http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... f=19&t=695) but to paraphrase:
"So, Moshi-san. How are you finding this Miai?"

"Very...moist."
Immediate darkest dungeon vibes.

Seriously, read the thread listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlG0XKBeD2k
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:36 pm

What the Lions put in the legwork for the investigation, the Moth and the Deer charged ahead at full speed! Perhaps they would live to one day regret such brashness. Perhaps.

Through the twists and turns of the garden maze they made their way until they came to a delightful little clearing in the garden. A large umbrella had been set up shielding off the rain from the couple beneath it and the early morning breakfast they were sharing.

It seemed that Kaikoga Koi and Kitsu Murato were enjoying a nice private meal together when the troublesome duo burst upon the scene.
Koi looked alarmed.

"Look out, Mur-kun! She's casting spells!" Koi shouts as a warning.

Initiative!
Aww. I ship these lil' shapeshifting buggers together.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:36 pm
What the Lions put in the legwork for the investigation, the Moth and the Deer charged ahead at full speed! Perhaps they would live to one day regret such brashness. Perhaps.

Through the twists and turns of the garden maze they made their way until they came to a delightful little clearing in the garden. A large umbrella had been set up shielding off the rain from the couple beneath it and the early morning breakfast they were sharing.

It seemed that Kaikoga Koi and Kitsu Murato were enjoying a nice private meal together when the troublesome duo burst upon the scene.
Koi looked alarmed.

"Look out, Mur-kun! She's casting spells!" Koi shouts as a warning.

Initiative!
Aww. I ship these lil' shapeshifting buggers together.
I guess it counts as a win if I am sort of involved in that?
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:24 pm

I kind of love just how metal this refusal is.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:54 pm
"It is yours, and could belong to no other," Murato replied. "If you did not carry it I could only think to burn it as an offering to Musubi-no-kami in the hopes she might bless you."
As an aside, I do not think I have ever enjoyed a Lion contingent more than this bunch (hedging for faulty memory aside). The individual characters are great and the little hints of what's going on between them feel very real and natural for disparate clanmates supporting one another, right down to that 'bless Lion marriages' agenda going around.

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 am

Provided without comment. Taken from the duet signup thread.

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:41 am
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:38 am
While I fully expect this to be a terrible idea that will end in disaster, sure, let's go for it.
Story of the characters' relationship to date! :lol:
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:57 pm

http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... f=26&t=715

This thread of just Shika doing his duty, and protecting Koi.

I really loved reading this and was on edge all day.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:31 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 pm
"Oh! R-Shiba-san!" her expression morphs from one of friendly neutrality to a decidedly shit-eating grin. "I see, I see." This was interesting.
"Ah, it's fine! I'm not abandoning my search so easily. I'll peruse while we look for you, and then you can help me. Deal?"
Meep. :shock:
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe