Funny/Memorable moments thread

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Kuni Yasu

Re: Funny/Memorable moments thread

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:58 am

Oh, Bo...

gooooo, little squirrel.

Asahina Bo wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:43 am
"Oh." A very, very long pause for processing as a beleaguered squirrel runs as fast as it has ever run before in its wheel, "Ohhhhhh! I mean, yeah, that'd be nice... real nice. But wouldn't you haveta join the Crane if that happened?"
Now kiiiiissss!

;p
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:00 am

I was legit crying with laughter at the whole thing. :lol:
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 am

I love Ishi talking up our Moshi evangelist here.
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 am
"I have, although it was somewhat briefly," he says, looking thoughtful. "She struck me as a thoughtful and energetic samurai... pleasing to look upon as well, I won't deny, and... Ahem. An intense spirit, Kitsu-san, as though the light of Lady Amaterasu herself is powering her. She was... quite appealing in my estimation. And I did not think to pursue her myself only because she seemed such a strong potential match for you, Kitsu-san."
Why yes, I'm looping through a few things between posts.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:19 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 am
I love Ishi talking up our Moshi evangelist here.
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 am
"I have, although it was somewhat briefly," he says, looking thoughtful. "She struck me as a thoughtful and energetic samurai... pleasing to look upon as well, I won't deny, and... Ahem. An intense spirit, Kitsu-san, as though the light of Lady Amaterasu herself is powering her. She was... quite appealing in my estimation. And I did not think to pursue her myself only because she seemed such a strong potential match for you, Kitsu-san."
Why yes, I'm looping through a few things between posts.
Ishi's such a good guy, trying to make sure everybody gets a good match. A quality future nakodo, certainly! :lol:
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:35 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:23 pm
[...]
The Kitsu looked confused.

"What? But Soyokaze-san is as far from a mountain as one could find. Granted I respect him greatly, but he is more akin to the blade than a mountain - forged through fire, framed to be besides somebody and someone who supports your side, not someone to lean on."

He may have been off, but he didn't seem to realize it yet.
I can't even. :lol:
This whole thing is great.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Just Inoshishi.

She is an experience every time.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm
Just Inoshishi.

+1! She's always a riot to read!

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm
Just Inoshishi.

+2 here.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Aww, thanks! *blushes*
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Not a funny moment, but a memorable one-
Aimi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 pm
"...love, huh."

It's... actually kind of strange. She'd known, on some level, what it was she was feeling, what it was that was drawing Raizo to her. She was hardly a novice in the field, far from it, she'd loved and lost before, but somehow if she'd just pretended that it was something else, if she'd veiled it in words like 'affection' and phrases such as 'developing feelings' it would be easier to handle, easier to deny. And yet it wasn't. She'd been a fool, but there was still time.

He loved her. She loved him. And that meant... that meant she had to tell him, didn't it? Before he committed, before any chance to walk this back left them, before he got hurt because of her secrets. She had to.

"I... I have to tell you something," Aimi says in a hoarse voice, enjoying the feeling of her love's hands on her shoulders, of the kind of closeness that only this privacy allows. "I... I wasn't born a samurai."

She swallows, trembles, does not look back at him. She just keeps staring at the far wall.

"When the kami started speaking to me, I was terrified. It didn't make sense. The kami didn't speak to... to people like me, they spoke to lords and ladies, to samurai and monks," she says softly, "So I thought... I must be one, mustn't I? Someone important. Someone more than I thought I was. So I ran, and I changed my name, and I started calling myself a ronin."

She laughs, briefly, at her own foolishness. "I thought it would be that easy. For most people, it was. But if I'm to leave this miai a married woman, if I'm to become part of a clan, I... I can't start that life with a lie. I can't."

"I can't do that to you."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe