Funny/Memorable moments thread

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Kuni Yasu

Re: Funny/Memorable moments thread

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:37 pm
<snip>
Embarrassed and uncertain about whether she should even be playing at this point, Inoshishi closes her eyes, her cheeks coloring prettily as the slim girl stands, defeated. Somehow, however, this proved quite provident! The ball returned, catching neatly on her hat, bouncing off her chin, then her toes, then the chin again, somehow her shoulder blade? Back to chin, the hips and then, in a truly improbable turn of events, it rolls along her obi, somehow picking up speed and sailing upwards, hopefully not breaking anything along the way.
<snip>
Not going to lie, such JFK 'magic bullet' vibes. XD

And I am so dating myself with that reference, aren't I?
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:17 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Soyokaze follows Raizo to a less crowded area of the theater.

Soyokaze motions for his attendant to step forward.

"This is Kakita Hameko, my attendant and soon to be graduate of the Kakita Academy. She assisted me greatly on the piece and I know it would not be ready yet were it not for her aid." The attendant is holding a pillow covered with a large square of orange cloth that drapes over the sides. "This piece was a joy to make, I hope it sees you and your friend share much joy in the coming future."

Soyokaze removes the orange silk to reveal his latest work. "As requested I offer for your judgement a hairpin done in silver and steel."

The pin itself is a round steel rod, slightly thicker than most normal hairpins. The top 2/3 of the pin seem almost perfectly round and smooth with the exception of a series of fine grooves that twist down from the head in an interweaving pattern, each inlaid with paint that fades from red to orange and back as it travels down the groove, the effect so subtle that at first it looks like the light of nearby lanterns dancing across the steel surface. The bottom third of the rod expertly flattens and tapers into a blade. Despite being no wider than a child's pinky finger you can tell instantly that it's as sharp as anything you have ever held. Atop the head of the rod sits a single polished black pearl. Attached via a tiny ring just below the pearl dangles a large star made of burnished silver. The star is flawless in its symmetry save for one crucial aspect. The star is covered is dozens of holes. The holes range in size from small to tiny but they form no kanji or other obvious pattern.

"The grooves around the pin are both for decoration and should serve as a grip should that ever become necessary though I hope your friend never has that need. I have made it as strong as I can but it will not survive more than one hit from a real weapon. I know you said that the only colors you wanted were steel and silver so please forgive me for overstepping my bounds but I feel that the pearl helps break up the uniformity and the colors in the grip are hopefully subtle enough as not to upset you, I just thought it would help your friend always remember from who it came from. The blade is very sharp, as sharp as any blade I have forged, and I highly recommend you find a trained woodworker to craft some sort of sheath for this out of a wood you or she likes. I have left a slight lip around the base of the blade where it becomes the rod again, this should allow the woodworker, if they are skilled enough, to fit their work so that it will stay on firmly. The star I think is the important part, without it this is just a strangely made dagger but the star ornament makes it memorable. Within this star you will see a recreation of the very night sky we stand under now. It is the stars as seen from Shika lands during this very Miai. In this way I hope that the moments you two share stay with you always. If this meets with your acceptance I offer this to you now, not as a gift but as an exchange for your friendship and the advice you have already given me.”

Buy your shinies for the people you like from the Asahina, folks. :lol: Like... DAMN.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am
Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 am
"Oh-ho!" Bayushi turned towards Shika, pointing a finger. "The 'Rampant Stag' himself!"

Bayushi froze, dark eyes glinting from behind the slits in his mask. "Ah...I hope I am not repeating something of ill-favor, Shika-san. No disrespect is meant."
"'Rampant Stag?'" Nesshin asks. "That's a new one on me--though I like to think I'm a stand-up guy. Certainly, I've been thought tall enough by more than one person, and it behooves a man to be erect when he goes about his business!"

Points on the puns - "behooves" is my favorite
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:02 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:53 pm
Perhaps it's as well that her eyes are closed, so his blush goes unobserved as Yasu tastes the next fruit he offers, inhaling deeply of the ripe apricot fragrance. Her brows lift in surprise. Scent and taste and even touch as her tongue finds hints in the thin sliver of skin are all examined. But she doesn't speak until after she has swallowed...talking with your mouth full is rude, after all. Nor does she open her eyes, since it seems cheating to catch a glimpse of the rest of the fruit when this was obviously only a slice.

"The skin and flesh feel like a peach, but it doesn't taste like any that I've had." There is absolutely no sense that she's offering any innuendo on purpose. Which doesn't stop it from possibly being there.
I now wonder how many peaches Yasu has tasted! :oops:
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 am

I love the flavor of this.
Asahina Bo wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:54 am
"Yeah, she worked real hard on it!"

Anyone examining the pendant and with some knowledge of theology or magic will see that it is not just a necklace but a blessed charm inscribed with a variety of, very desperate, prayers to Benten on Bo's behalf.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:53 am

(D0, MA) Water From Above (Open)

A GREAT, and voluntary, unmasking by Kaikoga Koi.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:44 pm

•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Not a 'moment' per se, but Raizo/Soyokaze are the cutest non-romance I'm checking out at the moment. There's some nice wingman energy for his Kaito clanmate here too.

Starting here, but the continuing exchange is a good read.
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:05 am
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:51 am
Raizo gave another one of his grins.

"Just keep standing next to me, Soyokaze-san, you'll look better by comparison. And your good manners will shine out by comparison as well. Anyone in particular you have an eye on? I know I asked before, but, well, a lot can happen in a day..."
"Well there are many I find attractive, the Moto woman with dark makeup, the Otter over there with Matsu Ishioka-sama, the Moshi is especially lovely; but I have never spoken to any of them. In all honesty the only woman I have spoken to at all is Oubaihime-sama, who honestly is such a lovely and peaceful person that if someone better than I hasn't started wooing her then your all fools as she is certain to make a great a home." Soyokaze thinks a moment to make sure he hasn't forgotten anyone. "Well I've also met Kaikoga Fujiko-sama but she seems to be convinced that Matsu Ishioka-sama are in love."

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 am

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:37 am
"Though it would be fun for even us to only know one half of the location and the time, from a practical point of view, I'm not going to book a place for all week long. So I fear at least one of us two will have to know the full solution in advance.

And cautiousness would be on the side of the two of us knowing in full honestly. Would be weird not coming to our own event because on that day the trickster spirits of Sakkaku have decided to have their fun with us.

Since we're talking about practical details, how are we going to announce it? I didn't see a big billboard where we could simply pin a proclamation about it. Maybe we have to ask a Deer official for that?"

A funny story crawled its way back from the high depths of her memory:

"I've once heard tales of a powerful Asahina shugenja who made a thousand bird origami out of fliers for their party, then used their power to have wind spread their paper cranes through the whole city. Not sure if the Deer would appreciate that but would certainly be memorable.

I guess there's always the rumor mill otherwise. But I have no idea how to trigger it on purpose."
Ah, memories!
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:31 am
"I think that I shall never see / A thing so lovely as a...knee." No, no, that's not right.

"There once was a man from Venus / With a rocketship for, uh, a wiener." No, no, that's not it, either.

"My uncle, once known to be hardy / Most certainly knew how to party / And get inside shirt / Down robes and up skirt / Of people both demure and tarty." Um. Maybe not?

"Roses are red / Violets are blue / Dammit, I quit / How about you?" Nah.

Nesshin has, at least, the good sense to keep his mouth shut. For once.

~~~~~
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands