Pre-game connection establishing thread

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Kitsu Murato

Re: Pre-game connection establishing thread

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:34 pm

Indeed. Use the stream. It's more romantic.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:53 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:05 pm
Having been trained in a Togashi school, these two may have met in passing!
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:34 am
Oubaihime has only visited some of the Dragon lands since her father is a Togashi. If you have been hurt in the Phoenix lands you could have been probably healed by Oubaihime. Also if you feel that you have visited the Water Dragon Temple, you have probably met Oubaihime.
it is a probability up to you.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:51 pm
Ah, I realized I didn't actually post about info myself.

Moshu is an obituary writer, as my profile notes.

While a lot of his work is in the Ikoma Libraries, his lord (one Ikoma Hide) has a habit of sending out the bards under him from the library as part of favours, diplomacy and exchanges to other clans.

As such, if anyone is looking for a morbid connection, Moshu has reason to be anywhere he's needed background wise... for a limited time.

So if someone lost a family member of great importance or in need of a good word after their passing, one of the Writers of the Fallen may have been around to help write about the samurai in their last moments.
How's Moshu on embellishing the truth to make the official record a little more... as it should be?
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 am
How's Moshu on embellishing the truth to make the official record a little more... as it should be?
The purpose of these obituaries is to combine the virtues of honesty, courtesy and compassion to provide the best, honourable and honest account possible of the fallen individual's life. While the task often involves some embellishment, it will never outright lie - for example, if a Kakita bushi was part of a raid against bloodspeakers but wasn't central to the raid, his work would be highlighted but he wouldn't be called central to said raid.

Of course, this is the official answer. Lords are as lords are and politics is politics, so if ordered to he will muddle the truth in the name of compassion for the living. Moshu knows better than to ply his own agenda during this obituaries, however, as the spirits are always watching.

Those who are unworthy simply don't get one at all, but that's not his judgement to make.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 am

If someone spent time in/passing through Jukami Mura they might have run across Bo. Otherwise he's only really spent time in Asahina lands and briefly among the Daidoji.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Tanabe trained in Badger lands and as an Otter has traveled a lot of Rokugan by river. Also has competed in some sumai competitions so if you have competed or have an interest in the sport may have heard of him
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:49 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 pm
Both would be fun! Having a reason to seek people out is always a good way to fill a vacant slot, so that seems alright to me! Also fun to meet people you've met before.

Also, Ikoma Bards love Inoshishi because she drunk one of their own under the table. Plus it's rare to meet a semi-kindred spirit in other clans, and as a Chronicler, she's certainly a kindred spirit.

So it's also possible you've heard of her!
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - I think I'll put the information advantage in your hands.
Decide as you wish how much you know of me, but I think I'll let our in-game meeting be our first.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Late doing this but if anyone wants to know the mutt just let me know. She's done most of her training in the Crab lands and has served on the Wall for a few years now. Has spent some time with the Kitsu but not much. Enough to cause a stink with her extended family when she inevitably insulted them.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:55 pm
Late doing this but if anyone wants to know the mutt just let me know. She's done most of her training in the Crab lands and has served on the Wall for a few years now. Has spent some time with the Kitsu but not much. Enough to cause a stink with her extended family when she inevitably insulted them.
Murato lives at the main Kitsu holding, so we may recognize each other. He does handle a lot of paperwork.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:06 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Murato lives at the main Kitsu holding, so we may recognize each other. He does handle a lot of paperwork.
Possibly. She wasn't around enough to go to the main holding but there could've been a wanted poster or a relative complaining about Luixian there so that Murato could overhear?
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description